What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your opinion on this statement...  (Read 19363 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Your opinion on this statement...
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2004, 05:13:52 pm »
Thus the original statement - too me is accurate and harmless (unlike the current political administation - not that the alternative is any better).

Yea, that is what I was trying to say. Damm Alzhiemers anyhow!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2004, 05:13:52 pm »

stiffy

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2004, 05:56:00 pm »
What if there was a small area underneath the acrylic that utilized the heat transferred from the tub itself and back when the pumps were running? Pumps do generate about 120 degrees on high speed and would this area not help with proper heat induction?

But what if the majority of the spa was foamed with this small area directly under the entire shell allowing the induction of heat? It makes great sense to me though I have nothing to back up any words of superiority at this point. ;) I’ll letcha know if that changes!

Both acrylic and fiberglass allow the induction of heat effectively. This is an instance where allowing the transfer/induction of heat when the motors are running on a high speed and generating 120+ degrees, to help in the efficiency of the spa once the cover is off. (practicing my sales presentation on you guys!  ;) ;D )

Steve      

You know come to think of it my caldera is  FF but for the space right next to the pumps and heater.
So if I understand you right Steve there is a manufaturer that has already thought of this.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2004, 06:03:29 pm »
Chas,

Sorry, I didn't get the point you were making.  I understand the radiant heat thing as well.  Chocolate chip is my fav too.  14ers  refer to the elevation of mountains.  With the rockies in my back yard, my paradise is a little colder than yours.   What do ya say, lets forget about the Hot air balloons and grab one of the aformentioned coozies.  I thinks its almost beer:30 anyway.  Thanks for the discusion. 8)
¿

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2004, 08:21:14 pm »
Chas,

Chocolate chip is my fav too.  14ers  refer to the elevation of mountains.  With the rockies in my back yard, my paradise is a little colder than yours.
AH! Real mountains. I've seen pictures of those. Yeah, our place is at about 25 feet: 70 degrees just about year 'round. Now, the mountain house will be at 5500 feet - snows several times each winter.  But we get to choose when we go there!!
  What do ya say, lets forget about the Hot air balloons and grab one of the aformentioned cookies.

I'm with you!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2004, 08:44:00 pm »
Little different here.  My house is at about 5000 feet and my mountain house is at 8900 feet.  Ever have that asmatic feeling by just sitting around?
¿

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2004, 05:27:57 pm »
Little different here.  My house is at about 5000 feet and my mountain house is at 8900 feet.  Ever have that asmatic feeling by just sitting around?

LOL..the Rockies. You want cold come to Northern Minnesota, and snow sheesh up to our eyeballs most years. The worst part about the cold here is it is relentless. Minus 20 for 3 weeks then a break and a warm spell to 0. Then back to minus 15 and then t-shirt weather at 10 above. Then minus 30 and a warm sunny week with highs in the minus 5 range. For 2-3 months straight. Then we get minus 5 for lows to freezing for highs for another 1-2 months before and after the bad stuff. But boy the summers can be nice albeit short.
Retired

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2004, 06:55:45 pm »
Too da_mn cold for my blood.  I was refering to the altitude.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 06:56:34 pm by huh »
¿

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2004, 09:30:31 pm »
You want cold come to Northern Minnesota, and snow sheesh up to our eyeballs most years. The worst part about the cold here is it is relentless. Minus 20 for 3 weeks then a break and a warm spell to 0. Then back to minus 15 and then t-shirt weather at 10 above.

Dang! I'm going to have to go get in my spa just to get over the chill of thinking about that! :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2004, 08:04:30 am »
Yea maybe I shouldn't of brought that up! Sigh...it's right here now. Had a couple freezing nights already so it won't be long...........gulp.

They say it makes you hardy, I think it makes you cold.

I do love to ice fish and snomobile though.
Retired

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2004, 10:22:25 am »
That sounds terrific right now compared to Florida--both Bonnie and Frances skirted us here in the Panhandle and Ivan has us right in his sights.  Could I send my tub up there for safe keeping?
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2004, 03:12:15 pm »
WSD,

I'll make sure it gets plenty of use ;D
¿

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2004, 11:52:14 am »
NEWS FLASH!

At 9:53 am, DooDoo asked about buying shares in my soon to be "Thermo-pane Beer Kozie" company.  I'm happy to report the following progress:  Initial offering structured and have applied for listing on the New York exchange.  Ticker symbol took some thought (wanted it to suggest "Beer" and "Kozie") and we applied for "BKZ"  The rep from Securities Exchange Commission asked, "Why BKZ?" and I said, "BeKauZe."

We are still in the product R&D phase (thank you Chas for your photographic submission, we'll let you know.)   Still looking for a manufacturing facility.  Confident I can convince Steve to handle distribution and will look to DrSpa for web outlet.  DooDoo, please forward $1000 (paypal or unmarked bills) so I can reserve the first block of shares in your name.  Thank you all for your support and we'll keep you posted.

THERMOPAIN, THE OTHER CAN KOZIE

UTS. Put in the mail this morning an envolope containing the money.  Bank was closed, so took some $1000 from the kids' Monopoly game.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 02:04:38 pm by doodoo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2004, 11:52:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42