What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cheap place online to buy chemicals  (Read 6681 times)

bethshar

Re: Cheap place online to buy chemicals
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 08:42:32 am »
Check out Shepnell.com.  It looks like their prices on Liesure Time are better than RHTubs.  They also carry sundance parts and filters.  Haven't used them yet, but got their name from someone online.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 08:42:32 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 09:45:42 am »
The thread on CYA has me concerned about using just dichlor daily and to shock.

Bethshar,
Go to Doc's board and search for Northman's recent posts on CYA and dichlor use.  I think his thoughts will make you rest a bit easier regarding same.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 10:31:05 am »
For cheapest shocking, get a large container of non-chlorine shock. They all work about the same - MPS is MPS. We like the "Freshwater Oxidizer" which is made by the same folks that make Leisure Time - private labled for HotSpring but not very expensive. Be sure to keep it dry - maybe even break it into smaller containers.

Here in SoCal, I can sell several other brands of MPS for $5 or $6 per bottle less than 'LT Renew.' I don't know why that and OZ are so high, but I haven't had them on the shelf in years.

But be sure you don't go to a pool store or the pool isle of a home center and end up with Clacium Hypo Chlorite, which is labled as 'shock' by some companies. It IS a shock, suitable for vinyl pools, but is not chlorine-free, and has a very high Ph.

I don't see why you couldn't buy the N2 cartridge and put it in or on the filter in a Sundance - many of our customers do.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 10:33:19 am »
 ;DI looked all over the internet and found my dealer who is about an hour away to be in line with the   prices, some a little higher some the same some lower.

All I do is phone them, they send out that day and I get it the next and they enclose an invoice and I send them a check in that days mail or the next depending what time UPS delivers.

But if they were a lot higher I would not hesitate to shop on the net. As it is they know my name, address and trust me to send a check, when I bought my tub I never paid any money until it was delivered and set up.
 ;D 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 10:33:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42