What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee and Vanguard Price Check  (Read 3011 times)

TimC

Grandee and Vanguard Price Check
« on: September 12, 2004, 11:17:58 pm »
Well, almost ready to pull the trigger.

Wet tested multiple brands, narrowed it down to two (Hot Springs and Marquis)

Ready to buy one.

I wanted to get Everyone's opinion on a price for the HS Grandee and Vanguard

Both quotes include delivery, 220V GFI box, cover, cover lifter, steps, startup chemicals

Both in pearl w/Grey exterior

$8999 +tax for the Grandee

$7999 +tax for the Vanguard

I have read that HS dealers are not willing to negotiate much, this seems to be their bottom price.  

What do you think??  Are there any little extras that I should try to get thrown in to close the deal?

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee and Vanguard Price Check
« on: September 12, 2004, 11:17:58 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Grandee and Vanguard Price Check
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:21:37 am »
Some dealers price higher with the idea they'll give room to haggle as many feel that need. Others set a reasonable price and hold it. Others with those spas (ot those that sell them) can answer your question but don't assume too much until then.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 09:43:05 am »
I believe I was quoted $8499 + tax for a 2004 grandee.  But I did not want a cover lifter or steps because of how I was going to install the tub.  So I suppose that evens out.

My prices were quoted in Maryland.

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 10:01:56 am »
That is about right for those spas give or take $500 bucks.

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 08:03:32 pm »
We almost bought a Vanguard ourselves. The price we were quoted was 6800 with all what you said included. I don't know the price of the Grandee but don't believe it was 1000. We ended up buying the Marquis SA Euphoria for around 8100, I researched it to death between the vanguard and the euphoria and the Marquis was the winner. Out of the two from HS I would go with the grandee, the seatiing looks better and there is 2 pumps I believe. Only two corner seats in the Van, may not be an issue for your use. Either manufacturer is tried and true!!! Good luck

kay

TimC

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 09:18:59 pm »
Hey KZ,

What Market are you in??

I had the same struggle.  What pushed you over the edge toward the Marquis?

We (myself, wife and 3 kids) wet tested both and the result came out pretty even.  The HS dealer is about 20 miles closer and my HS salesman seems much more reliable.

I guess ultimately it came down to the variation in the jets that seem to provide for a more unique experience.  Also I "feel" after all the lurking here and internet searches that the HS should be cheaper to run month to month up here in Michigan.

The Frog and the Ozone on board were tough features to pass up and actually pay more for the HS.  We had actually gotten a regular euphoria down to 7400+tax with all the above mentioned ammenities.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 09:18:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42