What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Sovereign  (Read 4814 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Hot Spring Sovereign
« on: September 12, 2004, 09:11:32 pm »
I am also looking at a totally different option, which is buying a 1998 Sovereign.  Wanted to see if there's any Sovereign owners that can speak to their owership experience with that particular model, or HS in general.  I was a little concerned in particular, about the 30" height of the spa, but from what I can see, their seating is almost at floor level, so it all works out

Thoughts ?  

I've also heard that HS has one of the lowest heating costs in the business.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Sovereign
« on: September 12, 2004, 09:11:32 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Hot Spring Sovereign
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 07:25:07 am »
I wet tested a 2003 Sovereign.

I like it.  I bought the 2003 Vanguard so my husband and I could each have a moto-seat.  (I didn't really "fall in love" with the lounge.)  But that was me.  I'm sure you would be happy with it.  I have no complaints!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 10:52:02 am »
Very popular spa. HotSpring has sold more of that one model than most other manufacturer's entire line. Wet test it if you can: not everyone likes a lounger.

Be sure the heater has been upgraded.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

golferm

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 11:11:02 am »
Are there concerns with the 1998 model's heater ??

Also, this lounger is more of a relaxer seat than a true lounger, as it at the end of the tub, cross ways, as opposed to the current version, which comes from the back to the front of the tub, and is a true lounger.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 11:19:25 am »
It would be interesting to know what your paying for the 1998? There have been quite a few upgrades since then and that was a transitional year for HotSpring. As Chas said, you want to make sure the heater has been upgraded, they had some siding issues then also that are much different on the new models.

If you do this make sure that you have an outlet for the electrical sub-panel as it is unique to HS, I have seen many electricians attempt to "jumper" the board so as not to use the manufactures hookup which in the long run can cause grounding problems and short the heater or board out.

It was a pretty comfortable spa.

golferm

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 11:23:41 am »
It's through a used spa dealer in Canada.  He's asking $ 3300 + delivery.  I don't need a step, and it's got a cover lifter, gfi sub panel, and chemicals already.  I did look at a 1999 Prodigy at the HS dealer a few months back, which he wanted $ 4500 for, so I thought this might be a ok deal (I haven't started negotiating yet).  Yes I'm aware of the "unique" wiring that Hot Springs needs.  

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 07:40:03 pm »
Any warranty?  Original heater?  I also purchased a used 98' Sovereign two years ago and except for the heater going a year later and the mice getting to a water line, all has been OK.  I paid $2,500 plus $200 to have it moved of which I thought was a decent price back then.  With the heater replacement and line repair I'm at about 3 grand total.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 07:40:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42