What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cal spa?  (Read 3601 times)

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cal spa?
« on: September 10, 2004, 05:10:29 pm »
Can anyone tell me why cal spa gets such a bad rap?I know it is a lack of  customer service and not standing by there warranty.But is it also they truly make a bad spa?If so how?

Hot Tub Forum

cal spa?
« on: September 10, 2004, 05:10:29 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: cal spa?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 05:45:12 pm »
I have no evidence or experience to suport or dispute the the quality of their product. I can tell you two things though: The more technology/bells and whistles that there are on a tub, the more things there are to go wrong. Some will argue this point.

Secondly I have said before that the dealer (or manufacturer service) can make a medocre hottub seem great and a great hot tub seem mediocre.

Dazed and XConfused dispute
Homeworks Financing Representative

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 06:32:31 pm »
Can anyone tell me why cal spa gets such a bad rap?I know it is a lack of  customer service and not standing by there warranty.But is it also they truly make a bad spa?If so how?

It just makes for an overall bad experience. Would you buy anything knowing those two things? ??? Would you contemplate buying one knowing those things even if it was the best spa on earth?

A great spa doesn't consist of just quality components, it's the entire experience based over a number of years.
That's why they have such a bad reputation. I think that would be enough. :-/

Steve
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 06:33:49 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 06:32:52 pm »
The point that more bells and whistles can lead to more problems has validity but there's more to it than that IMO. The top companies get their reputation for standing by their product and in doing so they realize their R&D and manufacturing techniques better be effective as they can't afford to put product out there that can't stand the test of time or utilize ideas that aren't truly ready. Cal Spas and Thermospas are big on bells and whistles but also have poor reputations for standing by their product and therefore I don't trust their product because I think they'll take chances and cut corners in ways that many other spa makers would not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 06:37:58 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 09:00:13 pm »
My Mama always said that if I couldn't say something nice then don't say anything at all so, here's what I have to say about CalSpas

"                               !"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:02:41 pm by stuart »

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 08:49:21 am »
OK I assume you have read the reviews and searched this and other sites so I will not repeat those comments here.

New reasons to hate Cal Spa:  After 2 years and 1 month I just spent $1,000 on maintenance.  

My 2 speed 6bHp pump would not operate in low speed so filtering was done on high with the effect of overheating my tub to 111 if I did not pop the circuit breaker.

And my heater cracked and leaked.

Not what u would expect from a 2 year old tub.

They cheat and scrimp on warranty service after bait-and-switching most buyers to a 1 year warranty.  They reimburse the dealer/tech for some parts less than the cost they sell the part to them, with no provision for labor (check heater replacements) leaving the dealer/tech to employ the warranty fine print and charge a "travel charge" to even a local customer in order to avoid doing the job at a loss.

Please do not read the above and assume I am a disgruntled former dealer - I am not - I merely spoke with my service people.

Avoid Cal Spa.

Roborph

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 08:21:55 pm »
 All you have to do is wet test a  cal against any top 6 brand and you'll also know why the are inferior....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 08:21:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42