What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What to Do When You Are Away  (Read 3530 times)

bethshar

What to Do When You Are Away
« on: September 09, 2004, 04:18:25 pm »
I'll be going away for four days next week.  I'm worried about maintaining water quality.  What should I do before I leave to make sure my water stays clean and clear.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

What to Do When You Are Away
« on: September 09, 2004, 04:18:25 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: What to Do When You Are Away
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 04:30:15 pm »
I'll be going away for four days next week.  I'm worried about maintaining water quality.  What should I do before I leave to make sure my water stays clean and clear.

Thanks!

Giv e the spa a decent shot of sanitizer before you go and don't worry about it. Here are some suggestions for a longer trip away, turn the temp down 15 to 20 degrees, lock your cover, overfill the spa by an inch or so. If your spa cannot stay clean and nice for 4 days while your away and no one is using it, you have a filteration problem!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:55:32 pm »
I completely agree with stuart.  A good shock, especially if you use a N2 cartridge and you should be fine.  I have left my spa for over two weeks and come home to perfectly clear water.

bethshar

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 05:38:27 pm »
Thanks.  I didn't think I would have any rproblems.  However, I didn't use the hot tub yesterday, and today it was cloudy when I checked it.  We put in a coupke tsp of dichlor after use the other day - it was crystal clear.  Why is this happening?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 05:39:30 pm »
We offer a free service to our customers:

When they go away on vacation, we will come to the house, use the spa, eat all perishable food - along with some items of non-perishable food, watch their TV, borrow books from their library, and go through their mail.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bethshar

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 06:04:46 pm »
Excellent  Chas -  Do you pay the bills and mow the lawn while you are there also?  It's a package deal, but if your interested let me know.

cparlf

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 07:00:14 pm »
Chas, you sound like the latest computer virus.  It also leaves dirty socks on the coffee table.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 09:50:13 am »
bethshar

If your water is cloudy after skipping a day, it may mean your chlorine demand is just a little more than the amount you are dosing or you need to increase your filter time to make up for the amount of filtering that happens when you use it on a daily basis.  It could be either or a little of both.  It is all part of getting to know your spa and how it reacts.

We've had a couple of rainy days here and my spa hasn't been used since early in the week.  My water was a little cloudy this morning.  I've been running light on dichlor so this was not unexpected.  I brought the free chlorine level to 4ppm and ran the pumps a little.  I fully expect the water to be crystal clear this evening.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 03:42:35 pm »
Chas, you sound like the latest computer virus.  It also leaves dirty socks on the coffee table.

Ooh! Nice touch. Always looking for ways to improve our service !
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 03:42:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42