What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Promo  (Read 2737 times)

jenn

Marquis Promo
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:21:29 am »
Just wet tested a Marquis "Everyday Spa" 530 that's on a labor day promo - $5995, includes "frog," steps, factory installed ozone, cover & lift, stereo (and some other stuff).  It was wonderful!  We especially like the 2 loungers at different levels (I'm 5'6, he's 6'3)

We sat in some Caldera spas also today (dry and we'll probably try wet tomorrow) which seemed nice, and price-wise were comparable, but didn't include a stereo.

From my reading and research it seems that Marquis is a great product but we're not sure about the price.  Supposedly the labor day promo price is only good until tomorrow, and of course we feel PANIC!!!! But its a huge amount to spend and I'm sure we could get the same deal after the holiday.

ANYWAY...does the price seem fair?  My husband (the tightwad) is thinking we should check out used, but I don't want to inherit someone elses problems, dirt, etc....

Does anyone have this model?  Is it a good deal?  Oh, one other thing we were concerned about was the cedar cabinet and its maintenance (we're not handy).

Sorry to ramble....my thoughts aren't as concise as they should be after relaxing in the hot tub a few hours ago!!! (and that's a good thing).

Thanks!

Jenn

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Promo
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:21:29 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Promo
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 01:16:55 am »
I think the price sounds very fair....I think the promo might be something your local dealer is doing.....but with the z pac and stereo it is a great price
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 01:24:35 am by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 01:26:09 am »
one more thing if you are getting the z pac...it has the dura cabinet which is maintenance free...

jenn

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 06:53:48 am »
Thanks mendocino - it does have lots of upgrades but the dura cabinet isn't one of them for some reason....

Thanks again for your note, its so helpful to hear things from others!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:45:59 am »
It has to be.....you can not get the frog or stereo with out it....

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 02:24:05 pm »
The $5995 price is very fair.  

Can't go wrong with the spa as far as quality of the product.  

jenn

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 11:02:15 am »

Just to let you know, we asked the salesperson about the cabinet and why we weren't getting a dura cabinet.  He said the owner of the dealership specifically asked for wood because they have had some service issues with the dura cabinet.  Whether this was something said just to get us on track with our purchase I'm not sure.

Anyway, we purchased the 530 model, its being delivered on Tuesday!  

We never wet tested any other tubs.  The Caldera spas were intriguing, however they didn't have any of the tubs filled that we would have considered buying, so we didn't feel that we could properly evaluate them if we were sitting in a tub that was a higher price point.  (sales tactic???)

As a side note to other folks, another tub we wanted to check out was Nordic.  A dealer had a big advertisement for Nordic tubs starting at $2995.  Since price was a major consideration for us we felt we had to check it out.  When we got to the dealer, we got the old "bait and switch" treatment.  He said they didn't have any of them in stock, but could they show us some other tubs...we were out the door quickly!  (in fact, they didn't have a single Nordic in stock)  We were disappointed that we couldn't check out the Nordics.

Looking forward to our Tuesday delivery!

Jenn

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 11:02:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42