What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!!!  Any info/comments on VITA SPAS?  (Read 5352 times)

Jetsetter

HELP!!!  Any info/comments on VITA SPAS?
« on: September 06, 2004, 04:14:23 pm »
Looking for my first tub.  I have checked out Jacuzzi (but am concerned from some comments on this board), and have now started looked at Vita (particularly the Essence model).  I think I can get it for $5500 or so.  I am going to wet test tomorrow.  The seats seemed more comfy than some others I sat in.  

I really want any info, helpful hints, warnings- WHATEVER, that will help me make an informed decision.  I welcome good comments and bad, as I want to know all the angles.

Thanks!!! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

HELP!!!  Any info/comments on VITA SPAS?
« on: September 06, 2004, 04:14:23 pm »

FLspa

Re: HELP!!!  Any info/comments on VITA SPAS?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:05:04 pm »
Hi. We bought a VitaSpa Cabaret, which was delivered about a week ago. This was just in time for our hurricane (see my other post), so we really have only had a few days to enjoy it. But so far, so good. I found that the 700 series of the Vita Spas had all the features I was looking for at a reasonable price and also was the one that fit my body the best.

Good luck with your shopping!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 05:31:01 pm »
We know one Happy  Vita Nuage customer who has owned their spa for justg about a year now. We didn't discover the local dealer until after we bought.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 05:43:13 pm »
I RECOMMEND THAT YOU RESEARCH EXTENSIVLEY.

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAILS IN THEIR WARRANTY.

Jetsetter

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 04:06:19 pm »
Rocket,

Care to elaborate?  I really need info!  Thanks!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 07:37:36 pm »
I just encourage you to look at them closely (as you should with any large purchase), ask the dealer for customer referrals that you can call, test soak and get a feeling for the dealers sincereness to take care of you when you do have problems.  There isn't a spa in the world that won't eventually need service and the dealer can make all of the difference in the world.

Let me know how it goes and what you think.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 03:22:52 pm »
I think he means to say that in the vita warranty on their web site they mention that the spa owner would have to pay for reasonable repairman travel fees and, in the event the spa has to be shipped back to the factory to be fixed or replaced, that the spa owner would have to pay for reasonable shipping fees.  

I don't know what reasonable is, but I know it cost me $200 to have my spa delivered from the dealer (10 miles away) to my house.

Only other thing that looked odd is that they can fix your tub with refurbished parts, not new parts, but since the refurbished parts still keep your remaining warranty, it isn't an issue.  unless, of course, your dealer actually does charge you for warranty visits.

Some people really care about warranties, others not so much.  In the grand scheme of things the chance of you shipping your entire tub back is probably slim.  A good dealer will sometimes eat the cost of service for good customers, especially if you keep buying spa products and chemicals from them.

-Ed

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 05:03:49 pm »

If you pulled up the Vita warranty online then you noticed that everything is worded as "to be free from defects in materials and workmanship". This means if a pump seal fails (common) that it is chemical damage, if a glue joint fails it also could be construed as Chemical damage, the “Worry Free” heating element is talked about in the warranty but like everything else - it is not covered for chemical damage or just about anything else that causes the element to fail. All in all if you go through the warranty with a fine tooth comb you will begin to notice that it seems as if it is in place more to protect the manufacture than the customer.

Not to try and put a plug in for my favorite brand but a good way to compare this would be to pull up the Marquis warranty online and compare the wording and exclusions. It might be very enlightening! Marquis is not the only good warranty out there but I'm more familiar with theirs and know that they are VERY inclusive of most things on the spa so I will use them as an example.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 05:03:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42