What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers in Rochester, NY  (Read 5799 times)

rochestbound

Dealers in Rochester, NY
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:31:48 am »
Ive recently accepted a job transfer to the Rochester area, and will be moving there shortly.  My friend have a hot tub, and I really enjoy using theirs.  Im thinking about a 4-5 person tub. Can someone give me some dealers in the area and what brands they carry? Id really appreciate any help.

Carin

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers in Rochester, NY
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:31:48 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Dealers in Rochester, NY
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:44:24 am »
Ive recently accepted a job transfer to the Rochester area, and will be moving there shortly.  My friend have a hot tub, and I really enjoy using theirs.  Im thinking about a 4-5 person tub. Can someone give me some dealers in the area and what brands they carry? Id really appreciate any help.

Carin

Ah, my old stomping grounds. I'm a grad of RIT and I really liked that city though the wind off the lake and the winters are a bit much at times.

My advice would be to go to the dealer locator section of the websites of the major spa makers (i.e. Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Jacuzzi, marquis, Beachcomber, etc.) and type in your soon to be zip code and they'll tell you where their closest dealer is. Visit those close by to see what looks good, what fits good, what feels good, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rochestbound

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:25:45 pm »
thanks, good idea. Im also looking for recommendations in the area as to who is good, who to avoid, etc. Surely someone is in and around that area.

pkingroch

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 04:50:46 pm »
Yep - I live in this area.  We just purchased a Caldera from Pettis Pools and Patio in Greece.  They're website is here:

http://www.pettispools.com/spas.htm

Turn your speakers down before you go there - it's got some annoying music.  They sell Caldera, D1 and Softub.

We also looked at Jacuzzi, Del Sol and Image Spa's.  Their web site is here:

http://www.aceswim.com/

Opinions vary and we had quite an experience at both.  The sales person at Ace said he had just purchased and installed an Image spa at his home the first time we stopped in.  The second time we stopped in he jacked the price of a jacuzzi tub up about $1000 and claimed that was his best deal.  We visited 3 days later.

Pettis had the greatest pre-sales experience and price.  Delivery setup and service after the sale has been quite eventful.  Wrong spa delivered, nothing setup, access panel screws crossthreaded, cover and lifter not installed or installed wrong, service takes 10 days just to get out and look at the spa, etc....

While I'm glad we have the Caldera, I don't know if I would go to either of those dealers again.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Hot_Tub_Nu-Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 02:06:04 pm »
Hi, I live in Rochester and just purchased a Coast Manhattan Gold hot tub from Sunbeam Pool and Spa on Rte 31 in Perinton.  If you are moving to the East side of Rochester, the three main dealers are Sunbeam who carries Coast Spas, Northeastern Pool and Spa who carries Nordic, Sweetwater and Sundance and then there is also a Pettis Pool and Spa location in addition to the one in Greece that was already mentioned.

I had an inground pool put in by Northeastern about 5 years ago and had a great experience.  Since then I have been told they have grown beyond their capacity and are struggling to maintain a decent level of service so be careful there.

I ended up choosing Sunbeam more based on the tub then the dealer although the experience was pleasant.  I am taking delivery of the new tub next Tuesday so we will see how the rest of their service goes before I truly pass judgement.

As for Pettis I can't really say.  I got quotes from them for my pool years ago and just didn't like the attitude (or the price) I got from them.  Since then I have been turned off towards buying from them so I really didn't give them a hard look when it came time to by the hot tub.

Good luck which ever way you go, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.  As for your move, welcome to the neighborhood.  I hope you like soalking in the snow!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 02:06:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42