What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sudsy Foamy Surface Water  (Read 2815 times)

canigetahottub

Sudsy Foamy Surface Water
« on: November 21, 2018, 03:34:45 pm »
Having a problem with suds and foam occurring on the surface when using the hot tub with the air jets on. Once the air jets are turned off, the suds dissipate eventually. But they sure are annoying when they are there and we're in the tub with them. How can I get rid of the suds? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:25:59 pm by canigetahottub »

Hot Tub Forum

Sudsy Foamy Surface Water
« on: November 21, 2018, 03:34:45 pm »

Roeboat

Re: Sudsy Foamy Surface Water
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:24:48 pm »
Anti-foam, they sell it at hot tub stores. Mine says 10 drops per 400 Gallons, repeat as necessary. It works. Keep a set of swim suits out for spa use only and don't use laundry soap when you wash them.

Aquatub88

Re: Sudsy Foamy Surface Water
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 10:56:41 pm »
The de-suds product will work but to eliminate future suds flareups- use the same bathing suit and don’t wash it in a full wash load - do it on hand wash with minimal soap. Either your bathing suit has left over soap or you could have soap on your body or in your hair that the hottub is absorbing.

bachman

suds - getting some hands-on !
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:14:59 am »
 ::)

I for sure, introduced the issue in the past few days. We've had the same three bathers, swim wear (no laundering) for a few weeks without issue, had the tub put in and using for just about a month now.
A few days ago, I got in the tub and had some suds / foam build up. Small, bright white clean-looking suds and I suspected the dry white powder spray deodorant I forgot about. I think it was the ONLY variable at the time.

Maybe the next day or so, I swapped out the filters to dry one's to clean those that were in use. The replacements were pre cleaned a few weeks ago although in doing so, I used a bottle I inherited from the old tub owner. Labeled "filter cleaner", it seemed more like it was refilled with a home remedy - vinegar. Now I'm wondering if those filters could be involved with some foaming that continued on for a few days tub use. Also, was the vinegar actually cider vinegar which so many people associate with a cure-all and using on everything?

Now, I can truly add a cluster of things to the 'soup' - lol;
The other night, Three newer bathers with suits, pretty excessive foaming, one bather likely had a massage oil still on from a chiropractor visit .
I've done some reading on these sorts of challenges and I'm anxious to work through it because I know this is how I'll get better at managing house rules for the tub and managing / solving water issues.

Definitely have some things in the water creating some haze or cloudiness also. I added a cup of bleach, let it pump/run for over 30 minutes with cover off, let it set another day and the water is looking notably more clear. That was Friday afternoon. I also found a bottle of Gentle Spa enzyme in the kit from the owner and that sounds like the perfect item to help. Added 2 oz of that as well yesterday afternoon.
I don't want to de-foam with product but rather keep the symptom/s if still presenting,  til I find the variables, get a handle on them and see results come back around on their own.
Maybe the best test is my wife and I only, to see if we still have sudsing,  and fine tuning some more if needed to get the water clear. I know monitoring the hardness and ph are crucial and I'm fairly confident I let the bromine level fade a bit. The frog was pretty much done and it's possible a low san level could have been a contributing factor if I read things correct from other posts and some of the water guru's.

Just wanted to share my thoughts as I'm so new to this stuff and don't mind fessing up to being lax on rules that are certain to be factors here. If anything I'm thinking (as above outlined) is completely wrong or irrelevant, I don't mind the correction pointed out!  ;)  T Y

~b
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:29:35 am by bachman »

Hot Tub Forum

suds - getting some hands-on !
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:14:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42