What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: iONRx - does it work?  (Read 6981 times)

Lumi

iONRx - does it work?
« on: October 25, 2018, 04:46:10 pm »
My husband and I recently purchased a new MasterSpa 500 gallon hot tub - which is amazing! However, we can't seem to get the chlorine right - either too high or too low. I just found this iONRx  product - does it work?

Thank you,
Lumi

Hot Tub Forum

iONRx - does it work?
« on: October 25, 2018, 04:46:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: iONRx - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »
Copper is never enough alone, It always has to be supplemented by chlorine. Unless you don't use your tub.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:06:51 pm »
What method of sanitation are you using now? Walk us thru the steps you do with your tub. 

gnl9349

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:07:56 pm »
Hello. I actually wrote a post about this product a few months ago. Absolutely love it. Works great....extremely easy to use. Have had a spa for a few years and was always bugging me that if I didn't check the chemistry every few days something was going to go wrong...sound familiar? I purchased this product in one of their starter kits (kit number 1). They give you everything you need. Couldn't be happier.....after the first month of adding product every week I know add product every two weeks and never have had a problem. Bottom line I highly recommend the product.

gnl9349

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
I have now been using ionrx for close to five months and the product is truly incredible. I teach science in a high school and I have been routinely testing the water for bacteria and have gotten ZERO bacteria forming! My spa is really clean and crystal clear. I have reached out to the company who invented this product to learn more about what they do, and they are really bright people. They fully explained the ultra low chlorine method, which is what I am using, that is primarily to keep the spa clear. It has never been this clear. They explained to me how this "free" copper ion is truly different than anything else on the market. They actually own the patents on this technology so there really is no other product like it because they have told me that they are the only ones selling this product. Hope this helps!

swilly1000

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 03:22:10 pm »
So are you using chlorine as well?  If so, how much?

Sam

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 04:13:15 pm »
i'm thinking this guy is a shill for the company that makes this stuff.  First, his posts on here are only regarding this product. 2nd, he sounds exactly like a shill trying to pose as a legit customer.  And third, look at his post history.  In one post he says he's a lawyer and in another he's a highschool chemistry teacher.

I'm calling bulls**t

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:38:36 pm »
I have now been using ionrx for close to five months and the product is truly incredible. I teach science in a high school and I have been routinely testing the water for bacteria and have gotten ZERO bacteria forming! My spa is really clean and crystal clear. I have reached out to the company who invented this product to learn more about what they do, and they are really bright people. They fully explained the ultra low chlorine method, which is what I am using, that is primarily to keep the spa clear. It has never been this clear. They explained to me how this "free" copper ion is truly different than anything else on the market. They actually own the patents on this technology so there really is no other product like it because they have told me that they are the only ones selling this product. Hope this helps!

Quote from: gnl9349 July 23, 2018, 06:08:14 am »
I am no microbiologist but I am a lawyer, and I know how hard it is to get a patent these days and their technology is patented, which makes me feel more comfortable...

Wow, a Lawyer who also teaches High School Science, now that's a go-getter who also wants to give back to society!

Some liars are just too dumb to pull it off!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:04:17 am »
I found his language and tenor questionable as well.  Too eager on the accolades for sure.

It's possible he's both a lawyer and a teacher, but being a lawyer doesn't necessarily make him knowledgeable about patent law.  And do high school chemistry departments have that water tester that the dealer has? Maybe.

Funny also how OP disappeared after one post.  I guess gnl9349 came to "her" rescue and clarified everything "she" needed to know. Or more likely, they are the same person.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:15:03 am by swilly1000 »

Sam

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 11:46:35 am »
Holy crap, I just looked over their website and faq's.  What a crock.  They are telling people to use trichlor in their hot tub and there are at least a dozen ridiculous and untrue things on there. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 02:40:01 pm »
Holy crap, I just looked over their website and faq's.  What a crock.  They are telling people to use trichlor in their hot tub and there are at least a dozen ridiculous and untrue things on there.

I'm not sure you're qualified to make such comments, after all you're neither a lawyer or High School Science teacher!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 06:31:15 pm »
I think it's all hokum.....
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 04:16:22 pm »
without digging too deep it sounds like Silk Balance, another Snake Oil product in a bottle for $169 a pop...the only things these 'conditioners' or 'softeners' or 'all natural' products help is the bottom line of the dealer you are buying it from lol

bachman

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 04:29:43 pm »
Anyone who is a High School teacher could end up chemically dependent and need a lawyer.

There is definitely something to that story, I just think the poster (if not both a teacher and lawyer) fumbled his/her words.
Potential Brain Fog or what I now refer to as Cloudy Water.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:31:42 pm by bachman »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »
Anyone who is a High School teacher could end up chemically dependent and need a lawyer.

There is definitely something to that story, I just think the poster (if not both a teacher and lawyer) fumbled his/her words.
Potential Brain Fog or what I now refer to as Cloudy Water.

I think the brain fog caused him to forget the story he previously concocted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:07:38 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42