What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub for a vacation rental?  (Read 7994 times)

mrburns

Best Hot Tub for a vacation rental?
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:00 pm »
New here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Need to vacation rent our place and putting in a hot tub to help with this. Was looking at Sundance/BullFrog/ Hot Springs etc but not sure if this is the best way to go. I've read Consumer Affair ratings, reviews etc and they don't seem to be the most durable. Would appreciate some advice on a durable hottub that doesn't sacrifice on features/comfort and comes with a good warranty. Having talked to a lot of folks in our situation my understanding is that anything like this in a vacation rental is going to take a beating and subject to repairs. Place sleeps 8 so looking at a 6 person hot tub. Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Hot Tub for a vacation rental?
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:00 pm »

d00nut

Re: Best Hot Tub for a vacation rental?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:34:27 pm »
Don't take stock into consumer affair ratings.  It is a complain site.

For goodness sake, the iphone has a less than 2 star rating. 

I would go sexy looking, but simple.

If looking at Sundance or Hot Spring.  Look at the edison from Sundance, or the Rhythm from Hot Spring.

If Bullfrog, look at X-Series, but insist on the circ pump.

No need for the salt system, no need for fancy filtering, no need for advance control panels that renters will just mess up.

Basic is best.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:12 am »
New here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Need to vacation rent our place and putting in a hot tub to help with this. Was looking at Sundance/BullFrog/ Hot Springs etc but not sure if this is the best way to go. I've read Consumer Affair ratings, reviews etc and they don't seem to be the most durable. Would appreciate some advice on a durable hottub that doesn't sacrifice on features/comfort and comes with a good warranty. Having talked to a lot of folks in our situation my understanding is that anything like this in a vacation rental is going to take a beating and subject to repairs. Place sleeps 8 so looking at a 6 person hot tub. Thanks again!

The 3 brands you listed are regarded by many as top tier in the industry.  I don't personally think you can go wrong with any of those 3.  As D00nut said, choose something on the more basic side.  No need to have a bunch of fancy stuff that is either going to get abused or not used.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:52:31 pm »
I would suggest looking into a well made rotomold.  Their are certainly going to stand up to the abuse of renters better than an acrylic spa.  And believe, renters are the worst with hot tubs. 

mrburns

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 11:24:15 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. The Rhythm in Hot Spring makes sense.

Never thought about rotomolded spas but they are starting to make a lot of sense. Seems to be a lot cheaper and if a lot more durable than acrylic then might be the right one for a vacation rental. Any recommendations on a good looking rotomolded spa? Thanks!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 07:23:08 am »
Welcome to the forum. In my 15 years here, I don't know that I have seen this question before.  My first thought before reading all the other replies, is use a basic tub, not a lot of lights and features.  I understand Bull frog makes a good tub, but I probably wouldn't use one that had removable packs on a rental property given the nature of renters and sticky fingers!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:31:20 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mrburns

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
Thank you wmccall. Grateful to have folks on this forum with experience that can guide newbies like me. Closing in on a Rotomold (no sure about company, model etc) or Hot Springs Rhythym (being quoted $8K delivered) or Bull Frog X based on recommendations here. Main concern right now is the look of Rotomold and if it really offers the durability vs HotSprings or BullFrog. Between the HS and BF I like Bullfrog X for the 5 year warranty vs 2 yr. BullFrog A6 has a lifetime warranty on the shell so that's attractive but obviously more cost and the jetpack system which is not ideal for rentals. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on Rotomolded tubs. They dont look that nice but will it last 20+years?

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 02:40:40 pm »
Don't put too much emphasis on frame/structure warranty, especially when its from a reputable manufacturer.  The shell rarely fails and in the event there is an issue, it is usually with the acrylic which has a shorter warranty.

Rotomold could be a great option for you.  While I do not sell anything rotomold, a lot of Hot Spring dealers I know sell Freeflow and are happy with them. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »
Nordic Jubilee: https://www.nordichottubs.com/hot-tubs-luxury-jubilee-ls

They are damn near bullet proof, good insulation if you add the Nordic Wrap option and parts are easily available and affordable (they don't use proprietary parts like some brands) after the warranty period is over.  Good Luck!

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 12:40:23 am »
Thank you wmccall. Grateful to have folks on this forum with experience that can guide newbies like me. Closing in on a Rotomold (no sure about company, model etc) or Hot Springs Rhythym (being quoted $8K delivered) or Bull Frog X based on recommendations here. Main concern right now is the look of Rotomold and if it really offers the durability vs HotSprings or BullFrog. Between the HS and BF I like Bullfrog X for the 5 year warranty vs 2 yr. BullFrog A6 has a lifetime warranty on the shell so that's attractive but obviously more cost and the jetpack system which is not ideal for rentals. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on Rotomolded tubs. They dont look that nice but will it last 20+years?

Just to correct you there.  BF has a lifetime warranty on the structure.  The shell is 10 years (structure) for the A, 7 years for the surface (again on the A.)  Then it drops down to a 5 and a 3 on the R and the X Series.

The Lifetime is only on the structure itself (something you will never use)

The X does have a 3 year warranty versus the Hot Spots (2)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 07:17:15 am »

They are damn near bullet proof, good insulation if you add the Nordic Wrap option and parts are easily available and affordable (they don't use proprietary parts like some brands) after the warranty period is over.  Good Luck!

That reminds me, I don't know if it is still true or not, but Hocking County, Ohio use to have more hottubs per capita that any other county in the US.  Its a sparsely populated county in South Central Ohio that is largely forest, but a lot of weekend get away cabins all with hottubs. I remember most of them were Nordic of this type. Whomever sold Nordic in this are back in the 70s-2000 should have been able to retire comfortably.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 02:51:21 pm »

That reminds me, I don't know if it is still true or not, but Hocking County, Ohio use to have more hottubs per capita that any other county in the US.  Its a sparsely populated county in South Central Ohio that is largely forest, but a lot of weekend get away cabins all with hottubs. I remember most of them were Nordic of this type. Whomever sold Nordic in this are back in the 70s-2000 should have been able to retire comfortably.

I've been in this industry for 15 years, Nordic is hands down the most reliable product I've ever sold...Hot Springs, Bullfrog, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Sundance, etc. even though are higher priced cannot compete with the reliability of a Nordic, like mentioned they are absolutely bulletproof!

Sam

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »
Tuff Spas are a good roto.  They use all Balboa equipment.  Great company to work with.  The cover is bomb proof.

mrburns

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have narrowed it down to the Nordic Warrior XL or Crown XL. Only concern I have is that it might be too deep for kids. Any thoughts on Nordic vs the rest? Being quoted $5500 + tax & delivery charge for the Warrior.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42