What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowed it down to 3 tubs  (Read 5604 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Narrowed it down to 3 tubs
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
I would put Sundance in my top ten, I think everyone could agree there. Closer to one or ten is going to be a personal choice. There's a ton of them by me and they seem to hold up well. I have disposed of a few (15-20 yo) and refurbed and sold a few. Local dealer is now gone but this is pretty remote up here I don't blame crappy tub. Most recent was a 12 yo Altamar got a couple grand for it after very little work. The buyer was satisfied and still is. It would be about 15 yo now. Sometimes parts can be hard to get for non-dealer repair guys like me. Lots of proprietary stuff.

I put Marquis ahead of Sundance. But again personal preference. I don't know enough about or see many BF other than the sales pitch. I still think top ten for sure. I will get blasted but ...........Jet Pacs seem like a waste once you've initially decided on the feel (plus for BF) but do you want a customer maintained jet pump seal? Seems an easy failure point especially if you move pacs a lot. And water distribution can be noisy. Putting it in the tub by your ears instead of the equipment area surrounded in foam or insulation seems, well noisy.

I won't disagree about people NOT moving JetPaks around, the beauty is having a choice among 16 options to start, and if there is a big height difference among family members some people will move them around.  As far as the noise I've sold 200 Bullfrogs over the last 2 years and have not heard 1 single customer mention anything about noise, so take that for what it is. 

Sundance isn't a bad spa, but they do some questionable things 'under the hood'....8 year old Maxxus below that we had on the wet rack for repair, notice the zip ties and toilet paper rolls, I know these aren't built to NASA standards but c'mon really, you know those lines have been pinched since day 1...I can guarentee 200% you won't find that stuff underneath a Hot Spring, Bullfrog, or Marquis. Also note to Sundance, when you have up-to 6"-10" gaps between the insulation and cabinet it's not truly a 'full-foam' spa

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:37:17 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »

Chytoolmaker

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 10:49:16 am »
We pulled the trigger on the Marquis Euphoria last night, thanks for all the input!

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 02:06:42 pm »
Congrats Chytoolmaker, the Euphoria is an awesome tub.

Sam

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 03:19:09 pm »
I would put Sundance in my top ten, I think everyone could agree there. Closer to one or ten is going to be a personal choice. There's a ton of them by me and they seem to hold up well. I have disposed of a few (15-20 yo) and refurbed and sold a few. Local dealer is now gone but this is pretty remote up here I don't blame crappy tub. Most recent was a 12 yo Altamar got a couple grand for it after very little work. The buyer was satisfied and still is. It would be about 15 yo now. Sometimes parts can be hard to get for non-dealer repair guys like me. Lots of proprietary stuff.

I put Marquis ahead of Sundance. But again personal preference. I don't know enough about or see many BF other than the sales pitch. I still think top ten for sure. I will get blasted but ...........Jet Pacs seem like a waste once you've initially decided on the feel (plus for BF) but do you want a customer maintained jet pump seal? Seems an easy failure point especially if you move pacs a lot. And water distribution can be noisy. Putting it in the tub by your ears instead of the equipment area surrounded in foam or insulation seems, well noisy.

I won't disagree about people NOT moving JetPaks around, the beauty is having a choice among 16 options to start, and if there is a big height difference among family members some people will move them around.  As far as the noise I've sold 200 Bullfrogs over the last 2 years and have not heard 1 single customer mention anything about noise, so take that for what it is. 

Sundance isn't a bad spa, but they do some questionable things 'under the hood'....8 year old Maxxus below that we had on the wet rack for repair, notice the zip ties and toilet paper rolls, I know these aren't built to NASA standards but c'mon really, you know those lines have been pinched since day 1...I can guarentee 200% you won't find that stuff underneath a Hot Spring, Bullfrog, or Marquis. Also note to Sundance, when you have up-to 6"-10" gaps between the insulation and cabinet it's not truly a 'full-foam' spa

Ouch. That's embarassing.  Is this spa pre or post jacuzzi buyout? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 03:19:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42