What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PDC ?  (Read 8275 times)

swilly1000

Re: PDC ?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 08:14:44 am »
He never once on his website or videos mentions that he is a dealer for master spas.  Plain and simple, he is being deceptive.

Get a grip.  On the buyers assistance page where he answers questions by end users he places dozens of links to the page where you can buy Spa Marvel from him.  There are also numerous references to his dealer status and experience.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 08:14:44 am »

swilly1000

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 08:20:13 am »

He is nothing more than a Master Spa shill.

You are SSSOOO wrong.  He provides a counterbalance and people appreciate that. He is constantly gives kudos to other brands on his buyers assistance page. 

Do you not see how silly you look bashing him? Someone here recently said how much they can't stand dealers bashing other dealers. It makes you look small.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 11:53:13 am »

You are SSSOOO wrong.  He provides a counterbalance and people appreciate that. He is constantly gives kudos to other brands on his buyers assistance page. 

Do you not see how silly you look bashing him? Someone here recently said how much they can't stand dealers bashing other dealers. It makes you look small.

If you are both in the room at the same time would we see 2 people lol?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

swilly1000

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 12:42:48 pm »
Yeah, that's right.  Wheatley here pretending to be me.  Good one.  :D

silversun

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 01:11:06 pm »
Swilly, are you aware you're aggressively defending (and attacking others on behalf of) someone you've never met, never interacted with, and don't know their motivations? Why do you care so much what other people think?

in any case i agree w/ you that he's not just a shill for master. He will shill for any company that pays. Probably the best of example of this is when he explains that full foam insulation (probably his #1 objection) is not a big deal anymore because of.... global warming. to me, he comes off as disingenuous, and loses serious credibility here.

While i do think he's trying to change this industry for the better, that sometimes conflicts with his need to make a living, and often leads to contradictions that erode his credibility.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:37:17 pm by silversun »

Sam

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 02:15:05 pm »
He never once on his website or videos mentions that he is a dealer for master spas.  Plain and simple, he is being deceptive.

Get a grip.  On the buyers assistance page where he answers questions by end users he places dozens of links to the page where you can buy Spa Marvel from him.  There are also numerous references to his dealer status and experience.

He does not make it obvious that he has a conflict of interest in being a master spa dealer. I've read through his entire site multiple times.  He bashes all the other brands as using marketing gimmicks and says about master ".....they don’t market as much as some other brands they spend that money building better tubs."  Meanwhile, they have a 5 million dollar sponsorship deal with Michael Phelps lol. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 03:48:45 pm »
In fairness - One can work for a brand and also be objective about other brands.  Both of these things can co-exist at the same time.

I work for a manufacturer, but I also answer questions honestly and objectively.  I was once a retailer and now I run a factory showroom.  As most are unfamiliar with my brand, the brand rarely comes up in this forum.  I still answer posts about other brands with honesty and sincerity.  Therefor...

That can be true for the person in question.  You can disagree with his view on Master Spas, and he can also at the same time be genuine in his intentions when answering questions.  It doesn't have to be either / or, all or nothing.  There are very few tangible facts in this industry, so who is to say what is correct and what is incorrect?

A disagreement on a viewpoint simply is a disagreement.  There is nothing that states reason, logic, and civility must be suspended since there is a disagreement. Until facts are presented, I feel it is unfair to label the person in question anything other than what he has said, as nobody here knows the inner-workings of his business and the origin of his revenue stream. 

But that is simply my opinion and I also am self-aware enough to know that nobody asked for it.  Thank you for reading.

[EDIT: spelling, clarity]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:50:25 pm by The Wizard of Spas »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 05:49:29 pm »

Small but around tubs twice as long as him. He's a Master dealer and they are mediocre tubs. He can't make Master as good as a bunch of others so his job is to make others seem less.....shill.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 05:49:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42