What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Tuff Spa reviews  (Read 15807 times)

Ginger27

Looking for Tuff Spa reviews
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:02:42 pm »
Hello,

I recently saw Tuff Spas display at the Washington State Fair and I am looking for some reviews on the product. I really like the hardcover and the idea of the lifetime warranty but I am curious is the cover as great as it looks? Does it hold up in harsher climates, particularly heavy rainfall? Any experience with the brand at all would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Tuff Spa reviews
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:02:42 pm »

d00nut

Re: Looking for Tuff Spa reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:10:43 pm »
It's a VERY limited Lifetime.

I personally hate people touting lifetime warranties because you tend to get completely stuck on the word lifetime, and not read between the lines. 

It's an okay hot tub, with okay insulation, and the warranty on the cover is lifetime... kind of.  I don't think it's any better than say a FreeFlow Spa, but a Freeflow will cost a lot less up front!

Here is their actual warranty:

LIFETIME WARRANTY
Tuff Spas™ warrants the entire Shell and Hard Cover surface against water loss and structural integrity due to defects in the spa for
Lifetime.
For original purchaser only, warranty is non-transferable.
3-YEAR EQUIPMENT WARRANTY
The Original Manufacturers provide limited warranties on the “Topside” Controls, Heater, Master Control center, and Pump for 3 years
from the date of manufacturing. See terms and conditions in separate manufacture documents.
1-YEAR PARTS WARRANTY
The Original Manufacturers provide limited warranties on all Plumbing and Fittings, Wiring, Cords, GFCI, Jets, Hard Cover Arm Bars,
Vinyl Spa Covers, Pillows, Hard Cover Gaskets & Straps, and other non-electrical mechanical parts for 1 year.
[/i] The Ozone is also covered
for 1 year. See terms and conditions in separate manufacture documents.
1-YEAR LABOR WARRANTY
Tuff Spas™ warrants all the labor involved with manufacturing defects for 1 year from the date of purchase. This does not include
electrical issues, ozone systems, issues with air locks or other issues that do not arise from defects in manufacturing.

Sounds more like a 1 year warranty to me.  The shell structure and for water loss is the only life time... unlikely anything will ever happen on any spa.  The Lifetime warranty doesn't cover the actual cover taking on water either...

It's all marketing my friend.  A good spa, with a warranty spun to make it seem great... but it's just good.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:45:47 pm »
I used to sell Tuff Spas.  Like any rotomold spa- they're not going to blow you away in terms of competing with most Acrylic tubs.  Once you get past that, and see the tub for what it is (a tub for minimal investment), you understand that rotomold hits a niche that most acrylic tubs cant:  Great price with fairly decent non-proprietary parts/equipment.  Again-  Not going to be the greatest things in the world but if you want a low-cost, low-maintenance tub, Tuff Spas is pretty neat.

The cover is nice and holds up well long-term.  Its really light and its the main selling point.  Tuff uses Balboa and Waterway parts, and the tub is able to be opened on all sides.  Super-lightweight so delivery is great.  And if you're getting it at a fair/show, the parts/equipment should be easy to come by.

Made in Arizona too, if that is something you value...

Amy35

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 02:33:55 pm »
Check out this video! I wouldn't buy one of these!

https://youtu.be/jxz0kEwCjWQ

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:14:09 pm »
How long have you worked for Ecco Spas for?

Sam

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:06:23 pm »
Feels super desperate

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:06:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42