What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aria vs Aria NXT questions  (Read 3445 times)

jmdaz

Aria vs Aria NXT questions
« on: August 30, 2018, 09:00:38 am »
Hello all-

I found this website last week and signed up to ask a couple questions.  I've never owned a hot tub but I do plan to get one within the next 12 months.  I've been researching different brands and models, and it's a bit overwhelming with all the options out there.  Being in central Indiana, the big dealer here is Royal Spa so naturally I started my search there.

I liked what they had to say on their website until I started expanding my search and got the feeling they aren't as good as I originally thought.  Since then, I've become very interested in the Hot Springs Aria tub.  I figured with this tub going for over $10,000, I might as well spend the extra money and go with the NXT version.

My question is whether an extra $1,000 for the NXT is worth it or not.  I don't care about the wireless remote or the lights, but the polymeric build is what I'm curious about.  What is the advantage of getting it?  Do I need it?  Again, I don't want to spend $13,000 on a tub and start penny pinching, especially if there is something special about the polymeric structure.

ALSO, I've heard good and bad things about their ACE salt water system.  How much extra is it?  Do I need it or can chemicals or epsom salt be thrown in to achieve similar results?

Lastly, I'm considering financing this but would only do so if the loan is 0% for 60 months.  Is that kind of loan on those terms even an option for hot tubs?  I have excellent credit and 2 years until my car is paid off.  I'm not one to pay to borrow money (hence why I only do 0% or all cash), but I can't afford an all cash up front purchase for at least another year.

Again, thanks for any thoughts or advice.  This place has been more useful than any other website I've visited the past month while researching hot tubs, and trust me, I've been ALL over the internet trying to educate myself on them!

Hot Tub Forum

Aria vs Aria NXT questions
« on: August 30, 2018, 09:00:38 am »

jjackkrash

Re: Aria vs Aria NXT questions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:22:14 pm »
"I'm not one to pay to borrow money (hence why I only do 0% or all cash)"

Money has a time value.  You always pay to borrow money, or its a gift.  If you are getting "zero percent interest" they are just parking the interest in the cost and you are paying the interest up front. 

jmdaz

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:20:55 am »
Very true, good point.  I should have re-phrased that as I sound like an idiot now that I read what I typed.  I guess a better way to put it is my preference is all cash, but if the terms are good enough, I might consider financing.  I got a very reasonable loan on my car but I haven't seen anything quite as good as that for hot tubs.  Was just curious what others experiences were when it came to financing.

My other questions were about the ACE system and whether it's worth it or not.  It looks like the cells have to be replaced every couple of years and are anywhere from $800-$1000, but then you don't have the chemicals to buy, so I'm wondering if the costs between the salt water vs chlorine systems are much different taking that into account.

And I don't know enough about the polymeric structures they are talking about so I'm still trying to gain more information on that as well.

Thanks for your input!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:59:43 pm »
I now only sell the NXT version.  What I have observed is that once you reach that price point, people do not want to "pinch pennies", as you said.  You get the wireless topside remote, the synthetic frame which creates the illusion that the hot tub is floating and exterior lighting.  The synthetic frame can never rot and has less contact area with the ground making the NXT version minimally more energy efficient.  Generally speaking, the only time I have had a customer choose a Highlife anything instead of the NXT version was when they had an older Hot Spring buried in a deck and the NXT version was a little too big to fit since those corners have a slightly larger radius.

The ACE cell will last 2-3 years and replacement cost is around $800.  I want to be clear, you still have to use chemicals.  ACE will replace the need for adding chlorine, except when the hot tub receives heavy use.  You still have to balance your water chemistry (pH, Alkalinity, hardness, etc).  ACE will always be more expensive than traditional water care.  If you choose ACE, you are doing so for the water quality and reduction in maintenance.

Financing will be up to your retailer.  I'm sure like everyone else, they use Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo has many different financing plans, it is up to the dealer if they choose to offer them.  No matter how you look at it, physically paying in cash will always yield the lowest price. 

Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 06:36:52 pm »
Almost any time you see zero percent interest on a hot tub, the financing company is charging the hot tub dealer anywhere between 8% and 20% of the financed amount.  If a dealer is offering that, they are building it into the price.  You'll often find you can get a better deal if you don't use the financing.  They may not tell you that upfront though, but there really isn't such thing as 0% interest these days.  Someone is paying for it, and that's usually the consumer.  The consumer just doesn't realize it most times.

jmdaz

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 11:56:23 pm »
Thanks very much for the responses.  I am leaning towards NXT after hearing some of the feedback.  And definitely agree about the financing comments.  I think I may hold off til next summer and do a cash buy at that time.

As far as selling only the NXT version, do most people go with the ACE system as well?  I like the idea of less maintenance and not smelling like chlorine after each dip in the tub.

Thanks again.

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »
I think one of the main draws of HSS is their salt system.  It's different among dealers.  However, I'm pretty straight forward with folks in saying it is certainly the pricier option, but the water is really nice to experience.

For us, if is a salt water eligible hot tub, I'd say about 60-70% of them go with salt.

I got a NXT Grandee.  My favorite part are the lights on a timer for the outside...  Other than that, the regular Grandee would work awesome for me :)

jmdaz

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »
Sounds great.  Thanks very much for the opinions and feedback!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42