What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2015 Hotspring Envoy Leaking I'm thinking of trying Seal-a-leak????  (Read 2519 times)

fboyles

Since I repaired the flooded Envoy it's been working great! But I have one of those mystery leaks. It's not coming from the equipment compartment, just somewhere in the foam cosmos. I was thinking of trying Seal-a-Leak to fix the slow leak. I'm loosing roughly 1-2" per week. But I'm a bit concerned that the sealer could cause other problems. Lots of great reviews and it sounds like it might work? Just wanted to see if anyone here has used any of these products? Thanks again!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:38:50 am by fboyles »

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 2015 Hotspring Envoy Leaking I'm thinking of trying Seal-a-leak????
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 04:18:19 pm »
Interesting, I have no real opinion, but have to wonder how a stop leak product would behave going through a filter.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »
Personally... I think these things are a nuclear option.  They gum up everything.  It stops minor leaks... but not without a cost.  A lot of pumps could be sacrificed if you are planning on having this thing long term.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 06:52:02 pm »
Since I repaired the flooded Envoy it's been working great! But I have one of those mystery leaks. It's not coming from the equipment compartment, just somewhere in the foam cosmos. I was thinking of trying Seal-a-Leak to fix the slow leak. I'm loosing roughly 1-2" per week. But I'm a bit concerned that the sealer could cause other problems. Lots of great reviews and it sounds like it might work? Just wanted to see if anyone here has used any of these products? Thanks again!

Have you looked at the light? No obvious water? Pump seals?
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:01:10 pm »
Personally... I think these things are a nuclear option.  They gum up everything.  It stops minor leaks... but not without a cost.  A lot of pumps could be sacrificed if you are planning on having this thing long term.

Agreed.

If it was a 15 year old spa and the leak isn't  somewhat obvious you're taking a shot at a simple fix to limp it along a little further then ok, not much to loose.

For a 2015 I think it needs to be found and properly fixed. Is this not under warranty, maybe second owner?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

fboyles

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 09:35:28 pm »
No warranty as I'm the second owner. I rebuilt both motors with new bearing as both were rusty and rough sounding. The equipment compartment is nice and dry. On the 2015 Envoy the left side is pretty much all foam. Looking at the water/algae on the ground it looks like the leak is on the the left side of the tub.

wmccall- according to the instruction you pull out all filters.

I

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 09:35:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42