What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Spa Pressure Difference  (Read 4015 times)

RyanC7

Bullfrog Spa Pressure Difference
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »
Good Day,

Does anyone here own an A series bullfrog? I just purchased an A7L and I have noticed a pressure difference between seats for Pump 1 and seats for pump two.

My seats on pump 2 (Lounger etc) Have less pressure than the seats on pump one. It is not a drastic change but it is enough of a difference that I do not care to use my lounger.

I am worried that my maintenance guy will have trouble noticing a problem without actually getting in the tub themselves .

Is this common with bullfrogs? Am I just stuck with half a tub that I do not fully enjoy?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Spa Pressure Difference
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »

d00nut

Re: Bullfrog Spa Pressure Difference
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:27:15 pm »
In an A7, there are 5 Jet Paks.

They are the same jet pump, with the same power.  However, one is feeding 3 paks, the other is feeding 2.  That's probably the difference. 

Since jet paks each had a different GPM rating, you'll want to also determine which jet paks are where, as that can greatly effect Jet pressure. 

Sam

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:50:24 pm »
You can also turn off any jetpaks you aren't using which will increase the power to the other seats on that pump.

Andocrx

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:04 pm »
In an A7, there are 5 Jet Paks.

They are the same jet pump, with the same power.  However, one is feeding 3 paks, the other is feeding 2.  That's probably the difference. 

Since jet paks each had a different GPM rating, you'll want to also determine which jet paks are where, as that can greatly effect Jet pressure.

Great info thanks My wife and I noticed that when we were in to see the A7 jet power seemed less from one pump to the other.  makes sense if one is feeding 3 packs and the other 2 packs . So long as the tub seating is not all being used you can turn off jet packs but if it is full then I guess we will just have to deal with the less jet pressure.  Do you know if there is any option to put a high HP motor to help with pressure drop?
Thanks

Sam

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »
They do not offer a larger motor unfortunately.  Would be nice if they did.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42