What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm back...and looking for a new tub  (Read 3242 times)

Brookenstein

I'm back...and looking for a new tub
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:15 pm »
Hello. I've been gone for about 9 years, but I'm back and starting my research for a new tub. I was happy with my Hot Springs Envoy, but I have been out of the game a long time and not sure what has changed. I also don't have a lot of options in Southern Oregon like I did in SoCal. Any reccomendations of where to start?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:06:27 pm by Brookenstein »

Hot Tub Forum

I'm back...and looking for a new tub
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:15 pm »

Aquatub88

Re: I'm back...and looking for a new tub
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:15 pm »
I have recently purchased the Envoy NXT after doing research and wet testing and am thrilled with it.  We got the Ace system along with the Ozonator and it is very easy to care for.  You come out with soft silky skin and you don’t smell like Chlorine even though the Ace system produces chlorine and you still add small amounts of dichlor once a week. The lounge with the Moto massage works great and the wireless console is easy to use.
Good luck.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:42:07 pm »
Hello. I've been gone for about 9 years, but I'm back and starting my research for a new tub. I was happy with my Hot Springs Envoy, but I have been out of the game a long time and not sure what has changed. I also don't have a lot of options in Southern Oregon like I did in SoCal. Any reccomendations of where to start?

The models have changed design (a 2018 Envoy has the same name as your old model but with noticeable differences) yet the top manufacturers to consider are largely the same.

Hopefully in Oregon you'll find most of these: Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. Use the dealer locator section on their websites to see who is around you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jjackkrash

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 12:21:54 am »
No sales tax is huge plus.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 09:36:13 am »
In town based on dealer locators I believe I only have Artesian, Hot Springs, Artesian, Bull Frog, and Cal Spas. I looked yesterday so I may be missing some.

Maybe I should open a spa dealer.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:33:08 pm »
In town based on dealer locators I believe I only have Artesian, Hot Springs, Artesian, Bull Frog, and Cal Spas. I looked yesterday so I may be missing some.

Maybe I should open a spa dealer.

Artesian, Bullfrog, and Hot Springs would all be in the same class if you poled most people who post on this site.  Cal would be a rung below.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 09:11:38 pm »
Are you in Medford or where are you at in Southern Oregon?

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 09:26:35 pm »
Yes, I moved to Medford in June.

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 12:00:42 pm »
Is it just me or have prices gone up substantially in the last 13 years? I haven't looked in person yet and I got a steal of a deal on my last spa. But after reading on here for a few days I'm a bit scared to visit the local dealers.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:41 pm »
Yes, they've gone up substantially, like everything else has including home prices, cost of goods, food, etc.  When I started in this business about 14 years ago, the most expensive tub was in the $7500 range, now they can go up to $15,000+.  You can still get a good tub in the $7000-9000 range, but if you're looking at the top of the line from most manufacturers you will be well over $10,000.

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:29:03 pm »
I don't need/want top of the line or bells and whistles, but I do like quality and dependability. Other half is going to get sold on price and not understand the difference.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:29:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42