What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub flush with ahh-some  (Read 2631 times)

gmdodt

hot tub flush with ahh-some
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:12 pm »
Hey all - need some advice

Added some ahhsome to the tub yesterday.  A lot of crap came out.  Figured it was done...drained it. Filled it..ran tub and more and more stuff came out, so i decided to do another round of ahhsome.  Did that, a lot more came out.  I havent drained it a second time yet because every time i run the jets more and more stuff comes out.  Should I just keep running it till it stops, or should I drain, fill, and do another round of ahhsome?  This stuff will stop coming out at some point...right?  Its a 2016 tub..prebious owner didnt keep up with chemicals but ive owned it for almost a year and i have kept up with it..

Also..theres no way to drain ALL the water out of the tub.  I open the drain and vacuum the rest of the standing water, but i know there are still many more gallons left in the plumbing.  Is there an air blowout valve or something?

2016 Caldera Vanto

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub flush with ahh-some
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:12 pm »

gmdodt

Re: hot tub flush with ahh-some
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 10:31:28 pm »
Other question is...instead of drain, refilling, and adding more...can I just add another dose to the current water that already has ahhsome in it?  Hate to waste the water..

someguy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:37:42 am »
Hello gmdodt:  My recommendation is to dump at least 1/2 the water out of the tub now. Wipe the edges with a micro fiber cloth or an old towel to remove the bio-gunk that was released thus far.  Fill the tub back up and add only 2 LEVEL Teaspoons of the Ahh-Some gel to the tub.  Ok to just purge with the unheated to 104 degree water.  Ahh-Some works in cold water as well but the gel dissolvees faster with warm or hot water.  Perhaps you can mix two teaspoons of the gel in a bucket of warm/hot water and dump this into the refilled tub.  There is no doubt a large amount of gunk in your plumbing.  Another purge should be real helpful..  Most tubs cannot be drained or emptied fully and there will remain a small amount of water in the system.  When you refill and restart you will see some residual sticky gunk spit out of the jets and stick to the shell.  Just wipe it a few time a day with the old towel.  That should do it.  Now, since we cannot see inside the plumbing we still,will not know if all or most of the build-up has been removed.  You may want to just run the tub normally and use it for a few months before you do another purge.  Cleaning the plumbing system 100% can be extremely frustrating.  Some people do one major purge and it’s done.  Other people have purged over 5-7 times before they are reasonably sure that the bio-contamination is removed.  In any event, with the amount of gunk you did release and remove from the system you can be sure that your water clarity will be the best ever and your sanitizer demand should be reduced.  Please be sure to let us know how you make out.  Our office is open Mon-Fri 8-6 EST. If you need additional assistance.  The phone # is on the lid of the container.
Purging the hot tub as you are now doing will pay you big benefits going forward.  It is truly amazing how many hot tub owners either never do a plumbing purge or simply do a drain and refill once or twice a year.  This is like just rinsing off your dishes and silverware after a meal instead of cleaning or scrubbing them clean.  You’re doing the right thing and you’ll soon see the difference it will make.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:47:54 am by someguy »

gmdodt

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:01:20 am »
Thank you for the response. Your product seems to work very well. I ended up adding some bleach for good measure before draining. Drained the hot tub..washed out jets with hose..used leaf lower to blow out jets best I could. Wiped down she'll with bleach/water mix..rinsed down and pumped all standing water out. Filled the tub 1/5 and drained it just to try to get some of the residual from pipes out. Filled and now am in process of balancing. A little foaming still around but I think that's residual bleach. Water seems clear. Hopefully my skin problem goes away, which is why I started all this. Was hoping it was a biofilm problem and not a reaction to bromine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42