What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog X7 versus Marquis Hollywood Elite  (Read 5630 times)

Newhottubuser23

Bullfrog X7 versus Marquis Hollywood Elite
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »
I’m sorry for another new hot tub buyer post, but was hoping to get some feedback.  I’ve been doing tons of hot tub research, but it is still difficult to try to determine the best option for me.  I am planning to try to wet test the hot tubs soon. 

I’ve narrowed my search down to a Bullfrog X7 or a Marquis Hollywood Elite.  I’ve not tried negotiating yet, but the Bullfrog is priced at $6700 and the Marquis at $7200.  While I know everyone’s preferences are a bit different, are there any glaring differences in these hot tubs that I should keep in mind?  Any upgrades that you would recommend? The Marquis dealer discussed the mineral system to lower the bromide concentration needed.  Is this recommended and would it be available on the Bullfrog as well?  The insulation for the Marquis was listed as foam over plumbing, which I assume is different from the insulation in the Bullfrog. 

Again I apologize for all of the questions - I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything.  Thanks for your help. 

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog X7 versus Marquis Hollywood Elite
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »

Sam

Re: Bullfrog X7 versus Marquis Hollywood Elite
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »
Both are great spas from reputable manufacturers.  Both are efficient and well insulated.  Both can use a mineral system to reduce bromine or chlorine use.  Don't get too wrapped up in the minutiae of how each brand specifically does those things because in the end, both have a great system when you add up the sum of their construction methods.

Rather than focus on those details, pay attention to which spa feels better for your particular needs.  How does the dealer seem?  Do they have a good reputation.  Wet test if you can.  Both are spas are excellent options and you'll likely be happy with either.   

HT34

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 04:43:36 pm »
The celebrity elite is foam over plumbing...standard.  you can get full foam as an option.  I would definitely recommend that if you are in a cold climate.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 05:10:59 pm »
The celebrity elite is foam over plumbing...standard.  you can get full foam as an option.  I would definitely recommend that if you are in a cold climate.

It appears that I misspoke.  I thought the elite were full-foam standard.  I agree that this is an important upgrade.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 04:55:55 am »
The standard foam over plumbing in the Hollywood Elite Marquis is a 2/3 Icynene foam fill that is more insulation than some “full foam” tubs such as Jacuzzi have.  The standard insulation in the Hollywood Elite is more than sufficient, but if you’re in a really cold climate, you could pay to upgrade to a true full foam.  You’ll probably save $1-3 a month depending on local power cost.

You’re comparing the entry level Bullfrog to mid-level Marquis.  I think you’ll find the jet power to be a little bit stronger and quite a bit more leg therapy in the Marquis.  There is an 80 gallon per minute WhiteWater-4 jet in the footwell of the Hollywood Elite that puts out some incredible therapy for the bottom of your feet.

That’s a very low price on the Hollywood Elite, we sell them for $9000+.

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 11:48:30 am »
I have a Bullfrog X8L and we love it...Have had it almost 1 year now.  No issues what so ever.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 11:48:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42