What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLC  (Read 4626 times)

jhitchen

FLC
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:53 am »
When troubleshooting an FLC code (Gecko SSPA-1), when you remove one of the pressure switch leads to get a FLO error, should the temperature be set so the heater would normally come on?  When I do this, I do get a FLO error, however, if I set the temperature to 60, I do not get a FLO error just current tub temperature.

Hot Tub Forum

FLC
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:53 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: FLC
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:20:52 pm »
FLC = flow switch closed when it is supposed to be open.  If there is no pump running, and you have the FLC error, the pressure switch needs to either be adjusted or replaced. 

FLO = flow switch open when it is supposed to be closed.  If the pump that is trying to heat the water is running, and you have the FLO error, it is because the pressure switch is not closing or there is a break in the wires.  Unplugging the wire simulates a break in the wires. When the pump shuts off, the FLO error will go away because the pressure switch is open and supposed to be open.

jhitchen

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 04:13:32 pm »
Thanks,
With the pump running and FLC code displayed (heater off), if I pull a lead off the pressure switch, FLC goes away and tub temperature is displayed, no FLO error.
If I now set the temperature higher (say 100F) the heater will come on, once it gets to 100F (set point), I will get the FLC code again and heater will shut off.
Also, if the heater is on and rising to 100F (no FLC code yet, not reached set point yet), if I pull pressure switch lead off at this point I get a FLO error as expected.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:16:15 pm by jhitchen »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 07:07:26 pm »
The sensor is stuck. Or broke. Is it adjustable?
Retired

jhitchen

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:13:18 am »
Yes it's adjustable.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:13:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42