What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Zen Hot Tubs  (Read 6468 times)

kmkmc

Zen Hot Tubs
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:49:59 pm »
Anyone ever heard of Zen Hot Tubs? If so, so you know who makes them and/or where they are made?
Here's a link:
http://www.zenhottubs.com/

Hot Tub Forum

Zen Hot Tubs
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:49:59 pm »

MarKee

Re: Zen Hot Tubs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:13 am »
Made by Tuff Spa. It’s a Tuff Spa without the hard cover, designed to be cheaper.

kmkmc

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:31:40 am »
Are Tuff Spas/Zen Spas any good?

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 04:53:09 pm »
They are good for what they are.  They use balboa and waterway, which is good.  Tuff uses good threaded jets, which you rarely see on a rotomold.  Not sure about zen jets.  They definitely aren't the same as the regular Tuff line. 

I have enough experience with them to give a solid thumbs up recommendation if the spa itself meets your needs and the price is right.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 09:53:05 am »
Used to sell Tuff Spas.  Like Sam said-  Great for what they are.  Rotomold tubs fill a niche and have come a long way.  In general- rotomolds won't compare to most to the cross-section of acrylic tubs but they also have a price that is easier to spend to.  And not everyone needs a whole lot of jets and bells and whistles.  If you want a tub for fun and to just soak in, rotomold is terrific for that.

If you're going to go rotomold and you're interested in Zen, you might as well step up to the Tuff brand as the top (cover) really is going to be the thing that makes it both worthwhile to own and helps it keep its value if you want to sell it later and upgrade.  Also the Tuff side has more jets and a bigger motor.  The cost shouldn't be that much different (more expensive for sure but at those price points, who really cares because its still very inexpensive relative to the industry as a whole).

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 01:11:09 pm »
What models/pricing are you looking at?

kmkmc

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 03:13:48 pm »
Thanks to all who have replied. My husband and I are looking for a 2-person hot tub to place on our covered, concrete patio. The patio is narrow with columns, so a rectangle or oval is a must to get it to fit. Anyway, in our area is one pool/spa dealer that sells Zen Spas and Tuff Spas. We are looking at the Zen Getaway priced at $3500 with cover and tax, delivery to our patio and an ozonator. That same dealer also sells Tuff Spas, and the comparable model a TT150 is $4440 tax delivery, and ozonator.

Meanwhile, another dealer nearby recommended the Artesian Garden Spa Azalea at $4000 including cover, tax, and delivery or the Freeflow Spas (made by Watkins) Mini at $3000. It's $150 more to add the onzonator, which is something we do want.

We don't need or want a super fancy spa, and to wire a 220 line to our patio would be difficult and expensive, so we are looking at the plug and play models. We just want low maintenance, soothing jets and a hot soak.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:26:09 pm by kmkmc »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 04:26:32 pm »
Thanks to all who have replied. My husband and I are looking for a 2-person hot tub to place on our covered, concrete patio. The patio is narrow with columns, so a rectangle or oval is a must to get it to fit. Anyway, in our area is one pool/spa dealer that sells Zen Spas and Tuff Spas. We are looking at the Zen Getaway priced at $3500 with cover and tax, delivery to our patio and an ozonator. That same dealer also sells Tuff Spas, and the comparable model a TT150 is $4440 tax delivery, and ozonator.

Meanwhile, another dealer nearby recommended the Artesian Garden Spa Azalea at $4000 including cover, tax, and delivery or the Freeflow Spas (made by Watkins) Mini at $3000. I don't have a price on adding the onzonator option for the those yet.

We don't need or want a super fancy spa, and to wire a 220 line to our patio would be difficult and expensive, so we are looking at the plug and play models. We just want low maintenance, soothing jets and a hot soak.

if they have ozone fine, if they don't I don't think its a must add by any means since this is a non-circ pump spa anyway.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 06:20:36 pm »

Meanwhile, another dealer nearby recommended the Artesian Garden Spa Azalea at $4000 including cover, tax, and delivery or the Freeflow Spas (made by Watkins) Mini at $3000. I don't have a price on adding the onzonator option for the those yet.

Interestingly enough- I used to sell Artesian Spas, where your Garden Spa is coming from.  You're in the zone of small warranty, nothing fancy, decent parts, great price.  There ain't nothing wrong with that at all.  I'd see how you physically feel in the tubs- does one fit your body types better than the other?  That should be the biggest factor moving forward. 

If you're looking long term (in a relative manner), the Tuff Spas have lifetime warranties on the cover, so that will save several hundred dollars long-term, and that also acts as a cover lift, which is pretty nifty and would be an extra cost.  Furthermore, both the Zen & Tuff Spas are like 250lbs and easily moved, so if you have a truck or something to haul, you can probably save on delivery as well.  Just something to consider when evaluating dollars.  If I am not mistaken, I believe the Garden line will have a longer warranty, but I cannot say for certain.  But there is that.

All of them have short-term labor warranties, and either use waterway or balboa motors, waterway or CMP jets, so that is going to be better than what most plug & play options have. 

I'll let others expound on the benefits of Freeflow, as my knowledge isn't as strong on their product line. 

Hope this helps. 

Sam

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 01:25:36 pm »
The Azalea is a nice, well made, but basic spa.  My only personal complaint about it is that the jets aren't very strong.  You'll get a little more power in the Tuff Spa.  I would lean toward the azalea over the TT150 personally because of the depth, though.  The 150 is very shallow and the azalea is actually pretty deep for it's size.  Most small spas are shallow. 

Now if you can bump up to the TT250 (or zen equivalent) I would change my opinion.  The 250 is deep enough and has better, stronger jets than the azalea.  Obviously the Tuff Top cover is a huge improvement over the azalea as well.  Either way, you are looking at really well made spas.  They may not have a lot of flash & dash by my extensive experience with both is that  they are every bit the quality of much more expensive spas. 

I give a slight nod to Tuff for using better, more powerful jets plus the cover, but I would also be totally happy with an azalea.

I have very limited experience with Freeflow so I won't address them.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 04:08:34 pm »
The Azalea is a nice, well made, but basic spa.  My only personal complaint about it is that the jets aren't very strong.  You'll get a little more power in the Tuff Spa.  I would lean toward the azalea over the TT150 personally because of the depth, though.  The 150 is very shallow and the azalea is actually pretty deep for it's size.  Most small spas are shallow. 

Now if you can bump up to the TT250 (or zen equivalent) I would change my opinion.  The 250 is deep enough and has better, stronger jets than the azalea.  Obviously the Tuff Top cover is a huge improvement over the azalea as well.  Either way, you are looking at really well made spas.  They may not have a lot of flash & dash by my extensive experience with both is that  they are every bit the quality of much more expensive spas. 

I give a slight nod to Tuff for using better, more powerful jets plus the cover, but I would also be totally happy with an azalea.

I have very limited experience with Freeflow so I won't address them.

+1 ... Very Well Stated.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 04:08:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42