What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brand/Model Comparison  (Read 4941 times)

Sparty20

Brand/Model Comparison
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:25 pm »
Newbie here, shopping for our first hot tub (no lounger). Research is dizzying, it is so difficult to compare different brands.  Considering following based on size and brand recognition.
Jacuzzi J-385
Marquis Euphoria
HotSprings Pulse
BullFrog A8
Dimension One Nautilus

Only dry tested so far but may wet test a few this week.

Looking to stay at/under 10k. We have received quotes for the J-385 (floor model), Euphoria (includes ozonator & constellation but not microsilk) and Nautilus which would put us at 10k.

Are these brands/models very comparable for quality/value/serviceability? Should I be concerned about buying floor model vs ordering brand new?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Brand/Model Comparison
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:25 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Brand/Model Comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:06:41 pm »
All reputable brands.  You're in the zone of quality.  Wet test "pays all the bills."  Do that first, then research the dealer- are they reputable?  From there, if the answer isn't obvious, let us know which few units you like, price points, etc.

Floor models are a toss up:  I totally hedge on them b/c usually they're fine and its a great bargain.  However, you never know.  New eliminates doubt.  But floor models allow for great discounts.  Trust your instincts. 

Good luck moving forward.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:00 pm »
All reputable brands.  You're in the zone of quality.  Wet test "pays all the bills."  Do that first, then research the dealer- are they reputable?  From there, if the answer isn't obvious, let us know which few units you like, price points, etc.

Floor models are a toss up:  I totally hedge on them b/c usually they're fine and its a great bargain.  However, you never know.  New eliminates doubt.  But floor models allow for great discounts.  Trust your instincts. 

Good luck moving forward.

One thing to add, I think floor models can be a good deal but it ALL depends on the discount. Some dealers discount floor models very noticeably to move them and make room for the newest spa, some discount very little knowing eventually it'll move and others are somewhere in between. For that reason its impossible for us to answer too specifically about them because we don't know how much of a discount you'd be getting.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 02:08:39 pm »
Really good price on the Euphoria, it should be closer to $12k-$13k. 

All are quality brands.  Let the wet test and the quality of the dealer be your deciding factors.  Nothing wrong with floor models.  Just make sure you look it over to make sure there are no blemishes that you are not being told about and ask how long it has been on display.  If it has been on the floor a long time, like a year or longer, the warranty may have already started.

Sparty20

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:57 pm »
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the advice. Wet tested euphoria (10k), pulse (11k) and j-345 (quoted 10k for j-385 floor model but only j-345 had water in it for wet test) today.  3 wet tests in one day was exhausting, especially since all three were set pretty warm. Pulse was comfortable but beyond our 10k budget. Euphoria was ok but jets seemed weaker and seats had bigger range of heights. Liked that euphoria control panel was facing in. J-345 was hard to gage since it was last wet test (exhausted), uncomfortably hot (104), and seemed to be filled too high. Does anyone know if j-385 seats would feel significantly different from j-345 or are j-385 seats just wider with more leg room?
I feel like we really need to wet test bullfrog but the dealer doesnt currently have one filled. I imagine wet testing bullfrog is a must since you have to choose jet packs.

Is pulse at 11k a good price or has anyone had success getting it down to 10k or lower? I think i would skip ace salt system.

Thanks again, great forum.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 12:53:35 pm »
$11k is a good price on the Pulse.  Most dealers I know are getting about $12 for it

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 01:43:00 pm »
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the advice. Wet tested euphoria (10k), pulse (11k) and j-345 (quoted 10k for j-385 floor model but only j-345 had water in it for wet test) today.  3 wet tests in one day was exhausting, especially since all three were set pretty warm. Pulse was comfortable but beyond our 10k budget. Euphoria was ok but jets seemed weaker and seats had bigger range of heights. Liked that euphoria control panel was facing in. J-345 was hard to gage since it was last wet test (exhausted), uncomfortably hot (104), and seemed to be filled too high. Does anyone know if j-385 seats would feel significantly different from j-345 or are j-385 seats just wider with more leg room?
I feel like we really need to wet test bullfrog but the dealer doesnt currently have one filled. I imagine wet testing bullfrog is a must since you have to choose jet packs.

Is pulse at 11k a good price or has anyone had success getting it down to 10k or lower? I think i would skip ace salt system.

Thanks again, great forum.

Keep going on the wet tests, you really shouldn't consider anything that you can't test when you're talking about a 10k spa and what tests well for 1 person can test poorly for the next so don't go by how spas test for someone else.

I know budgetary constraints can come into play but whatever you end up with is going to be in your yard for the next 10, 15 ... years so your final decision needs to come from the group of spas that wet tested well so keep narrowing the list down to the final couple and when you get there don't be afraid to negotiate, even when they initially say the words "this is our best price", keep going until they say no twice.

Sparty20

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 04:18:23 pm »
I think we r gonna go with Hot Springs Pulse. Got price down to 9900. No ACE or sound system but everything else included.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 04:27:02 pm »
I think we r gonna go with Hot Springs Pulse. Got price down to 9900. No ACE or sound system but everything else included.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Well done, you got a good brand and you'll sleep better by negotiating a much better price! Some may have simply paid what was quoted or just gotten a few rubber duckies thrown in.

Sparty20

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »
Pulled the trigger!  They also threw in umbrella.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 08:17:03 pm »
Good job!  You got a great deal.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Sparty20

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »
I just has concrete pad poured a week ago. Is it recommended to seal a concrete pad for a hot tub?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42