What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new member with a few quick questions before purchase  (Read 7982 times)

HT34

new member with a few quick questions before purchase
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »
hi all,

me and my wife are looking for a spa and narrowed our search down to 2, both marquis (e750 & v84).  Both spas are upgraded exactly the same (cover lift, 2 step environments, inline filter system, added insulation), and exactly the same price ($8,350...this price is with tax, out the door).  I am here because forums are full of knowledgeable members who have been down these roads before and would know much more than I do, since this is our first spa purchase.  My questions to you all:

--  is the e750 and v84 both built the same and with the same parts?  Or is one built of better quality and parts?

--  I understand the v84 has the v-o-l-t system, which the e750 does not, and the v84 is the newer line.  Is there any other real differences between the two that would be a major decision maker?

--  my dealer told me marquis is starting to discontinue the e series line and only making the e750 and 1 other spa from that series.  If this is true, should this be a concern?

--  quality is my number 1 concern, and I've read that marquis is a very good choice.  do you know if they glue and clamp their plumbing on both of these spas?  Also, do they use the rolled fiberglass method under the acrylic or do they use some type of wood support to hold up the spa?

--  is marquis usually ok to deal with when it comes to a warranty issue.  Would they give the dealer or myself a problem, or are they usually high on customer service?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I really want to try to get every stone turned over before making a large purchase like this.  If there is anything else you would to add, please feel free.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

new member with a few quick questions before purchase
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »

Certified106

Re: new member with a few quick questions before purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:30:16 pm »
I'm a newbie myself so I really don't have much info but did just buy a Marquis e435 two months ago and have liked it.
when I bought the e435 I thought you could run all the jets at the same time and then found out that there are zones and you can only run one zone at a time. This ends up being a non issue for me as it's mainly just the wife and I in the tub and our two favorite seats are on the same zone. I will ask this, does the V84 allow you to run all the jets at once?

HT34

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:35:35 pm »
that's interesting...I didn't know that you can't run all the jets at the same time for the e series.  This is good information to know.  I am almost certain the vector line allows you to run everything by turning both pumps on.  does your spa have only 1 pump, or 2?  can anyone else confirm this about the e series line?

Certified106

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:56:06 pm »
I do not have two pumps. From what I understand you can run them all on the two pump setups.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:29:59 pm »
Marquis is a great company to deal with.  I sold them from 2014-2017 before switching dealers.  Component wise, same pumps, heater, plumbing, and control box.  Control panel looks different, but it’s basically the same.  The Vector series has a slightly thicker cabinet that in my opinion looks nicer.  More refinements on the Vector series, but quality is pretty much even.  All water lines are glued and clamped on barbed fittings.

I would wet test and let that be your decision maker.  I personally prefer the therapy in the Vectors over the e-series.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 07:32:00 pm »
On the 2 pump spas, you can run all the jets at once but with reduced pressure.  You then have the option of isolating certain seats with more pressure at the expense of turning off other seats.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 07:36:31 pm »
The V84 will allow a little bit more control over each seat, whereas the 750 has 2 large diverters that control each side of the spa.  There are settings to where you can run all of the jets at once on both the 750 and V84, but for more intense therapy you will be adjusting certain seats or zones to an off setting, in order to allow for maximum flow to certain seats.  Both use the same pumps and internals.

Construction is basically the same between the 2 series. They have the same thick hand-rolled fiberglass shell construction.  Plumbing in the V84 uses a ribbed torsion hose with glue, but without a clamp. The torsion hose is kind of like a Chinese finger trap, once it is pushed on to the back of the jet, it can’t pull off because it has a ribbing to it.  The torsion hose is needed with the Vector jets because it eliminates the chance of kinking.

Either Spa would be a good choice, I would pick based on which one you like better. Some people prefer the look of one series over the other, which is purely personal preference. 

These spas are some of the most reliable on the market, and you won’t have any issues with getting warranty or customer service from the factory.  The factory is  a top notch organization.

The price you are getting is really good. I wouldn’t be able to sell it at that price pre-tax, so if you are getting all of that and they are including tax at that price, I would jump on it.

HT34

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 09:40:35 pm »
Thanks everyone with such detailed responses.  I really do appreciate it.  So just to confirm, the e750 is glued and clamped, where the v84 has a ribbed fitting and glued, not clamped.  Is one less likely to leak vs. the other down the road? 

HT34

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 10:43:55 pm »
Just another quick question...does either the e750 or v84 base have an abs plastic pan, or is that only on the signature series? 

If they don't, does anyone know if it's an upgrade option?

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 01:43:49 am »
The 750 uses the clear tubing which the factory deems a clamp is necessary for.  The V84 uses the torsion hose, which has a lot more grip to it, and I don't think it's possible to ever loosen or pull off, so that's why there is no clamp.  If you stick your finger in to a sample of the torsion hose you can feel the Chinese finger trap effect, which is what happen when the plumbing is stuck on to the back of the Vector jets.  I have yet to hear of a Vector leak from a plumbing connection.  Some brands and websites promote the clamping process, but it's not necessary with certain types of plumbing.

There is a plastic sealed bottom on both the Vector and E-Series, and there is a special type of cedar bottom frame that will not deteriorate.  It will outlast all of the components in the spa.  If you want the "pan bottom", you will need to go to the Signature Series.  I wouldn't be worried about it, I own a E-Series 435 with the standard bottom.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:47:33 am by MarKee »

HT34

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 04:09:43 pm »
Thank you so much MarKee for all of your help.  I really do appreciate it. 

Anything else that anyone can add, I would greatly appreciate it.  We are looking to buy soon.

Thanks.

HT34

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 09:37:04 pm »
Has anyone else heard about Marquis discontinuing most of their eSeries line?  I heard they are only making the 750 and 1 other tub....i forgot which one.  Did anybody hear this, too?  If so, does anyone know if there are any plans to cut the entire line?  Just wondering if this was true or a rumor. 

castletonia

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:03:01 pm »
It wouldn’t surprise me.  The e-series has been around for awhile and in my opinion needs a refresh.  It looks like the new Celebrity Elite series is going to be the replacement.  Unfortunately though, I don’t have inside information to confirm.  Parts will still be available and Marquis is a reputable company so I wouldn’t be worried about it and I wouldn’t let that deter me if I was looking at an e-series.

glancyoaks

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 10:19:34 pm »
I have learned more reading these posts than two days of misdirection and confusing info at the local dealer. THANKS! I have been debating between the Reward and the V84 - Does anyone have any opinion on the strength (output) of the jets in the Reward (w/ it's 3 hot zones) versus the output of the jets in the V84? I am looking for directed power at my bad left ankle, bad left mid-back, and bad rebuilt left shoulder. Art

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:58 am »
HT34:  E-Series is going away (probably by year end) and there will only be Celebrity, Celebrity Elite, Vector21, and Signature Series.  Celebrity Elite is the replacement for the E-Series, and built very similar. Vector21 is also the same construction, warranty, components as the E-Series and Celebrity Elite for the most part, just with some looks and jetting differences.

If you do get an E-Series, I would not be worried about being able to get parts in the future. I’ve sold these spas for 14 years now, and can think of only a few times where I haven’t been able to get a part on an older spa (and that was usually a Marquis from the 80s).  Furthermore, Marquis uses very reliable Balboa components which are readily available,  which keeps prices down and further reduces the chance of a part becoming obsolete.

glancyoaks:  Sorry you have had a tough time with your local dealer, hopefully you can overcome the differences with the dealer or find another dealer nearby if a Marquis is what you want.

Here is a quick comparison of Signature vs Vector21 series:

-Signature has DuraBase pan bottom, Vector has sealed poly sheet plastic bottom
-Signature has DuraWood exterior (similar to Trex deck material), Vector has more of the industry standard synthetic cabinet material.
-Same pumps on Signature and Vector. On a 2 pump system, therapy will be very good in both series.
-Signature Cover has a 2lb density foam core with middle heat seal, Vector has a 1.5lb density foam core with middle heat seal. Both covers will insulate well.
-Signature comes standard with Corona Discharge Ozone System and SpaFrog cartridge system, these are optional add-one for Vector
-Signature will have the H.O.T. Zone jets, Vector has unique jet pods that come in different varieties.
-Signature will have a color screen control panel, Vector will have a simpler digital control that has most of the same functionality.
-Signature comes standard with full foam, Vector has foam-over insulation which is what a lot of companies consider to be full foam. Full foam can be added for a small fee to the Vector, but I wouldn’t recommend it in Sacramento.  It saves a few dollars a month in moderate climates.
-Foot geyser Jets will be very similar in both series, just a different look.
-Both series have LED lighting and water features standard, both series have optional upgraded lighting that adds more interior LEDs, and also exterior LED lighting.
-Internal equipment area of Signature has a cleaner look with a decorative shrowd, in the Vector equipment area you will see insulation, plumbing, etc like 98% of other spas on the market.
-Signature allows jets to be isolated to certain areas of the body, Vector allows you to isolate power to certain seats.  Vector allows every jet and seat to run at once, Signature will not run every jet at once, but can run some of the jets in every seat at once if you are entertaining with a large group.
-5 year equipment/plumbing warranty on Signature, 3 year equipment/plumbing warranty on Vector.

With all of that being said, both series are very nice. Sometimes we have people try out both series and prefer the Vector jets.  Therapy will be great in both series, and probably quite a bit better than the current Sovereign (which is a 1 jet pump system if I’m not mistaken). If you want higher seating, have you considered the Wish model? The V84 would be a good option in the Vector series for higher seats on one side.  Good luck in your search.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42