What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: X8 vs. A8 questions  (Read 4451 times)

Bullfrogger

X8 vs. A8 questions
« on: June 24, 2018, 11:27:37 pm »
Wife and I recently decided to get a hot tub to help with a medical issue.  A tub seems to give a certain amount of relief so it is something we are strongly pursuing.  We have three growing boys that will eventually join us on occasion so we are looking for a 8 person spa to accommodate frends and family. 
Trying to get information on tubs is difficult and have found this form very helpful. 
So a little back story.  Went to three local stores and came out liking the Bullfrog brand.  We fell in love with X8 with the premium package (delivery, cover, steps,etc.) because of the look and cost but the jets seemed less powerful.  Also, loved the A8 with the premium package because the look of the unit, inserts, warranty and seemed to have more power but less LEDs which the kids liked.  We have not wet tested and I am trying to convince the wife that we should do this before such a large purchase but she has committed to one yet.  The x8 out the door was 8k and the A8 out the door was 11k.  Just wondering if these are good prices on the units (seems to be regional), if the A8 is worth the extra 3k, and is there a benefit to have a tub inside vs outside?  Look forward to any insight.

Hot Tub Forum

X8 vs. A8 questions
« on: June 24, 2018, 11:27:37 pm »

bradleyabell

Re: X8 vs. A8 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:45:37 am »
Would wet test both and decide if the extra 3k is worth it.  That's really the one way to be sure.  We have an X8L and paid just over 7k including tax, steps, cover, cover lifter, chemicals, etc.  It has plenty of jet pressure as well! 

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:36:58 am »
Goldilocks says the R8 would probably be best for you then.

Why not look at that?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:15:08 pm »
We have three growing boys that will eventually join us on occasion so we are looking for a 8 person spa to accommodate frends and family. 
 and is there a benefit to have a tub inside vs outside?  Look forward to any insight.

Welcome to the forum.   Kids grow up and most people don't entertain others in their tub as much as they might think. I bought a 7 person tub my first time and kept it 9 years.   Our daughter grew up and moved out so it is the 2 of us 99% of the time.  Now, I have some issues with the tub marketers with how many people a tub holds. I think they use the sardine principle/ I would have wanted to be in my first tub with 6 other people unless they were all attractive naked ladies.  That tub seated 5 comfortably.  My current 5 person Sundance seats 4 comfortably and that is fine for us, still gives us room to move.

If you do go outside, try to keep the tub as close to your door as you can. You will use it more if you don't have to walk 100 yards in the winter to get to it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bullfrogger

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 09:24:51 pm »
Goldilocks says the R8 would probably be best for you then.

Why not look at that?

Salesman said the deals are for what they have on the floor because that is what they have in the warehouse and buy in bulk.  The R8 was 9k and was a white and brown tub that would not fit our house well with the colors.  Do you think I should see what it would be if I were to order one from the manufacturer?

Bullfrogger

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:31:49 pm »
Would wet test both and decide if the extra 3k is worth it.  That's really the one way to be sure.  We have an X8L and paid just over 7k including tax, steps, cover, cover lifter, chemicals, etc.  It has plenty of jet pressure as well! 

Thank you bradleyyabell for the response.  What month of the year did you make the purchase? I would be happy with 7k for the X8. Being new to hot tubs I am unsure if there is a good or bad time to make a purchase.  Also, I am located in the midwest.  Maybe region plays a factor in price?

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 07:38:35 am »

Thank you bradleyyabell for the response.  What month of the year did you make the purchase? I would be happy with 7k for the X8. Being new to hot tubs I am unsure if there is a good or bad time to make a purchase.  Also, I am located in the midwest.  Maybe region plays a factor in price?

We bought ours in September last year.  I live in SW Michigan.  Make sure you check out the "L" version with the loungers.  We went in thinking we would never want a lounger, but after wet testing one, we fell in love with it and ended up buying one with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 07:38:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42