What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2015 hotspring tub pump runs all the time  (Read 2644 times)

cleyed

2015 hotspring tub pump runs all the time
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:53:59 pm »
I have a 2015 hot spring relay hot tub that has just started to have the pump motor run all the time
 the temperature of the water is above the set rating (set at 99 and the water was at 104 when i shut the power off) is the caused by the pump always running?
 is this caused by the pump relay contacts welding themselves together? if so is there an easy test I can do to determine the cause?
 thank you Cleyed

Hot Tub Forum

2015 hotspring tub pump runs all the time
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:53:59 pm »

Flyonthewall

Re: 2015 hotspring tub pump runs all the time
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 07:11:10 pm »
just to be clear, is it one of the jet pumps that is running all the time?  if so that should be under warranty.  if you are talking circulation pump that can add heat in extreme conditions, and should be running all the time.  summer timer is a mode that shuts it off part of the day, when the tub is struggling to not overheat. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 08:46:25 pm »
just to be clear, is it one of the jet pumps that is running all the time?  if so that should be under warranty.  if you are talking circulation pump that can add heat in extreme conditions, and should be running all the time.  summer timer is a mode that shuts it off part of the day, when the tub is struggling to not overheat.

Relay is 2 year warranty. You didn’t change filtration settings by mistake did you?

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 01:12:42 pm »
Filtration settings are pretty much always the reason for this call.  In a lot of spas it's easy to accidentally change filter cycles to some long time which will also cause the spa to overheat.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 01:12:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42