What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Split Nut Tightening  (Read 2735 times)

rayf01

Split Nut Tightening
« on: July 22, 2018, 03:18:22 pm »
I have to put on two new split nuts on either end of the spa pack. Should A guy use some type of lubricant on the piping threads to make it go on easier when turning it? Also, how tight do they have to be, I watched a video and a guy used a specific wrench to tighten them, which I do not have. I was going to attempt it by hand.

When I took it apart, I didn't know they went on by turning, so I just unscrewed the screws and split the nut apart.

Hot Tub Forum

Split Nut Tightening
« on: July 22, 2018, 03:18:22 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Split Nut Tightening
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 08:07:23 pm »
I have to put on two new split nuts on either end of the spa pack. Should A guy use some type of lubricant on the piping threads to make it go on easier when turning it? Also, how tight do they have to be, I watched a video and a guy used a specific wrench to tighten them, which I do not have. I was going to attempt it by hand.

When I took it apart, I didn't know they went on by turning, so I just unscrewed the screws and split the nut apart.

https://www.mkmpoolspa.com/aladdin-magic-lube-o-ring-lubricant-1-oz/?gclid=CjwKCAjw1tDaBRAMEiwA0rYbSO1s5h20RiNNR173ZP1OiLCxs4fGO8WbT0Bim3Km5Lhr2DN0XHZnsRoCxJEQAvD_BwE
Retired

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »
Sometimes you can do it by hand and get it tight enough but you may just need to buy a set of large slip joint pliers.  You don't need to put anything on the threads.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42