What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spas Ochos Rio, Any Good?  (Read 3332 times)

arjunsud

Master Spas Ochos Rio, Any Good?
« on: May 31, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »
Hello,

I was wondering is Master Spas a reliable Brand? Is the Ochos Rio any good? How does it compare to a Viking or a Bullfrog?

Also how much does it typically cost? Finally what is better a 110 V or a 220 V?

Thank you for all your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spas Ochos Rio, Any Good?
« on: May 31, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »

castletonia

Re: Master Spas Ochos Rio, Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:57:44 pm »
I personally don’t think highly of Master Spas.  I could name at least 10 brands I would consider before them.  Bullfrog I think is by far the best of the 3 you listed.

Marco P

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 01:30:27 am »
Master spas is ok, if you dont mind scammy/misleading business practices and lackluster customer service. go with a brand such as sundance or bullfrog.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:29 am »
Hello,

I was wondering is Master Spas a reliable Brand? Is the Ochos Rio any good? How does it compare to a Viking or a Bullfrog?

Also how much does it typically cost? Finally what is better a 110 V or a 220 V?

Thank you for all your help!

Its all about whats available to you. Master has a well earned poor reputation here and would be far back on most people's list. I suggest you go to the websites of Artesian, Arctic, Bullfrog, Caldera, Hot spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance to use their dealer locators to see which is local to your area. Those brand will be ahead of Master on most people's list.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:55:59 am »
A 220V will offer a lot more vs. a 110V. 

220 allows you to have more than one motor, more jets and amenities, and will cost less to run long term.  "Plug & Play" is cheap and easy.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  But *most* 110V units are built to meet a price point, and you know what that means.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
I would buy almost anything other than a master spa personally.  I cannot get past their dishonest sales tactics and sanctioning of the fake expo scam events.  That, and they're really of middling quality at best.  An easy sign of their quality is to just look at the cabinet.  Touch it.  Push on it.  It's garbage. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42