What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking vs Bullfrog  (Read 19496 times)

Sam

Re: Viking vs Bullfrog
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 01:05:24 pm »
I wouldn't say the Bullfrog X series is super high end. I would say it is the value line from bullfrog and would match well with the Viking. But they will get more money for the X series because of the name.

I disagree.  Bullfrog's X series are really nice and built really well.  They just don't have jetpaks and the warranty is 3 years rather than 5.  They use the same molds, pumps, heaters, controls, acrylic, synthetic frame and abs base.  The jets they do use are actually pretty good, just not jetpaks.  I really like the triple spinner. 

In my opinion viking does not come close to Bullfrog, even their x series.  It's a hdpe plastic shell like a rotomold.  They don't have very many jets and the ones they use are generic with a lot of bullet jets.  I also don't like the fact that they advertise the best warranty in the industry but it's prorated to worthless after 2 years.

I have direct experience with both brands and Bullfrog blows away Viking.  Not even close.

We're talking about Bullfrog's x series.  They are their entry level and do not cost 10 grand.  As low as $5700 actually.  Also, never said viking was crap.  They are fine for the money.  I gave honest opinions about a $6k spa with actual facts and details to back it up.  Not sure how you interpreted that to mean if you don't spend $10k it's crap.  I pride myself on providing honest, objective information after 23 years in the industry. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 01:05:24 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 06:24:17 pm »
I wouldn't say the Bullfrog X series is super high end. I would say it is the value line from bullfrog and would match well with the Viking. But they will get more money for the X series because of the name.

I disagree.  Bullfrog's X series are really nice and built really well.  They just don't have jetpaks and the warranty is 3 years rather than 5.  They use the same molds, pumps, heaters, controls, acrylic, synthetic frame and abs base.  The jets they do use are actually pretty good, just not jetpaks.  I really like the triple spinner. 

In my opinion viking does not come close to Bullfrog, even their x series.  It's a hdpe plastic shell like a rotomold.  They don't have very many jets and the ones they use are generic with a lot of bullet jets.  I also don't like the fact that they advertise the best warranty in the industry but it's prorated to worthless after 2 years.

I have direct experience with both brands and Bullfrog blows away Viking.  Not even close.

We're talking about Bullfrog's x series.  They are their entry level and do not cost 10 grand.  As low as $5700 actually.  Also, never said viking was crap.  They are fine for the money.  I gave honest opinions about a $6k spa with actual facts and details to back it up.  Not sure how you interpreted that to mean if you don't spend $10k it's crap.  I pride myself on providing honest, objective information after 23 years in the industry.

Sam you have something messed up in your quotes. I think you and I have the same opinion but someone else here thinks BF is as close to sliced bread as you can get, even there value line the X series. Again I think the BF x series and Viking match up oretty good and if you don't want to pay for a name go with Viking.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 05:00:13 pm »
I'm not good at internetting  :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 05:00:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42