What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking vs Bullfrog  (Read 19495 times)

arjunsud

Viking vs Bullfrog
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »
Hello, I am trying to decide between a Bullfrog and a Viking Hot tub for a relative. Could you please help me understand how these brands compare? I realize Bullfrog has less plumbing and no wood in its construction, but considering they are the only ones doing this, does it really make a difference?

I am looking to better understand the :

Reliability
Brand Reputation
Features
Value for Money

The 2 options are the Bullfrog X7 or the Viking Regal ETS

Thank you !!

Hot Tub Forum

Viking vs Bullfrog
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Viking vs Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:40:46 pm »
I’m guessing the Viking is cheaper. Viking makes a nice no frills hot tub that is reliable. Therapy wise I’m going to say the Bullfrog should blow it away. Have you wet tested either?

Ghvf

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »
Bullfrog super high end with Jetpacks and the price to prove it. Viking solid value brand.

arjunsud

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:40:43 pm »
Hello , thank you for both replies! No , not wet tested yet. However the model we are checking out does not allow for interchangeable jet packs as in the higher series.

How reliable are both brands comparatively ?

Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 05:58:48 pm »
Both are reliable brands but the Bullfrog is a different class than viking.  Not a comparison in my personal opinion, though that's not a knock on the viking which is likely a good bit cheaper.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 06:05:05 pm »
Bullfrog super high end with Jetpacks and the price to prove it. Viking solid value brand.

No jetpacks on x series

arjunsud

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 07:08:59 pm »
Is the bullfrog really more energy efficient than other tubs , especially the Viking ?

Ghvf

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 08:42:37 pm »
I'm sure Bullfrog is more energy efficient. It should be
 I live in S Florida and my Viking isn't prone to
issues re heating. But with super high end tubs you can expect better quality cause u r paying 4 it

arjunsud

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 09:35:23 pm »
Thank you . What model do you you have and how much do you think the Viking adds to your electric bill each month ?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 05:43:48 am »
I wouldn't say the Bullfrog X series is super high end. I would say it is the value line from bullfrog and would match well with the Viking. But they will get more money for the X series because of the name.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 07:47:49 am »
Thank you . What model do you you have and how much do you think the Viking adds to your electric bill each month ?

We bought an X8L from Bullfrog and love it...Have not had a single issue.  We also tried out Viking tubs when we were looking, and like most people say, Bullfrog is definitely in a higher class.  If I were you, I would go and wet test both tubs and I bet after doing that, you will EASILY be able to make a decision either way!

Ghvf

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 08:39:31 am »
I have a Viking 3, review and pics in conversation below. It adds @$20 a month. It doesn't get heavy use so it stays clean @4 hours day.

Sam

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 06:41:00 pm »
I wouldn't say the Bullfrog X series is super high end. I would say it is the value line from bullfrog and would match well with the Viking. But they will get more money for the X series because of the name.

I disagree.  Bullfrog's X series are really nice and built really well.  They just don't have jetpaks and the warranty is 3 years rather than 5.  They use the same molds, pumps, heaters, controls, acrylic, synthetic frame and abs base.  The jets they do use are actually pretty good, just not jetpaks.  I really like the triple spinner. 

In my opinion viking does not come close to Bullfrog, even their x series.  It's a hdpe plastic shell like a rotomold.  They don't have very many jets and the ones they use are generic with a lot of bullet jets.  I also don't like the fact that they advertise the best warranty in the industry but it's prorated to worthless after 2 years.

I have direct experience with both brands and Bullfrog blows away Viking.  Not even close.

Ghvf

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 07:22:55 pm »
Bullfrog should blow Viking away. 7Gs more! Just realizing this site is about Dealers and if you don't spend 10 grand on a hot tub, its crap.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:33 pm »
Bullfrog should blow Viking away. 7Gs more! Just realizing this site is about Dealers and if you don't spend 10 grand on a hot tub, its crap.

Lol that’s not true I sell plenty of 3700-5000 Nordic Tubs. For some that’s what they are looking for. 7k more for a x Series Bullfrog versus a Viking doesn’t sound right. Which Bullfrog were you pricing and which Viking were you pricing. I sell tubs ranging from $3500 up to close to 20k. There are buyers looking for different needs throughout that price range.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42