What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis V. Bullfrog  (Read 10012 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis V. Bullfrog
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »
Thats an interesting error with the driftwood panel. yeah, as I said, the dealer we talked to was super nice, willing to answer all questions, and not pressuring. same is not to say for the Master Spas salesman.

You're not missing much by skipping Master. There are many people on this site who will list their top 4 or top 6 ... brands they recommend. Marquis and Bullfrog will make many of those lists, Master won't.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »

Marco P

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 06:45:15 pm »
we went to their "Spa and barbeque show"
and instead of 100's of manufacturers, theres one manufacturer and around 15 small to large spas. also no BBQ in sight either. the salesman was badmouthing just about everything. and get this. I KNEW MORE THAN THE SALESMAN. also, their no chemical stuff is complete fakery. the hot tubs on the floor seemed good but you could smell chlorine. may have been from the swim spa however. speaking of which their swim spas seemed ok. i didnt look closely however. their no chemical filters looked like someone had just splattered them with paint. he also had issues getting the jets in the running tub to turn on. he tried to pass it off as "The water levels too low" even though it was halfway between the weir and the top of the skimmer. they were using balboa screens and packs, but the screens somehow looked different. then we looked at one of their small spas. the controller looked like it was from the 90s. it had an LED screen, and looked really yellowed. then, I wandered off, and found a spa with its maintenance hatch open. WHAT A MESS! there was a pipe capped off with literal liquid nails, there appeared to be a leak, as there was standing water in the spa pan even though it wasnt full, and it overall looked terrible. the only thing good about their spas was the master blaster jet. and possibly the reverse molded shoulder jets. although they looked way too powerful for my family. not to mention the diverter valves were horribly stiff, there was a guy VAPING in the corner, and the spa paneling was too short for the spa. :P

Also, forgot to mention, but me and My mother have whats called "Goose Skin" I believe. will micro silk help?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:49:28 pm by Marco P »

Marco P

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 01:39:48 am »
I sadly was not able to make it today. i may get there tomorrow, I have no idea.

Sam

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 04:18:16 pm »
we went to their "Spa and barbeque show"
and instead of 100's of manufacturers, theres one manufacturer and around 15 small to large spas. also no BBQ in sight either. the salesman was badmouthing just about everything. and get this. I KNEW MORE THAN THE SALESMAN. also, their no chemical stuff is complete fakery. the hot tubs on the floor seemed good but you could smell chlorine. may have been from the swim spa however. speaking of which their swim spas seemed ok. i didnt look closely however. their no chemical filters looked like someone had just splattered them with paint. he also had issues getting the jets in the running tub to turn on. he tried to pass it off as "The water levels too low" even though it was halfway between the weir and the top of the skimmer. they were using balboa screens and packs, but the screens somehow looked different. then we looked at one of their small spas. the controller looked like it was from the 90s. it had an LED screen, and looked really yellowed. then, I wandered off, and found a spa with its maintenance hatch open. WHAT A MESS! there was a pipe capped off with literal liquid nails, there appeared to be a leak, as there was standing water in the spa pan even though it wasnt full, and it overall looked terrible. the only thing good about their spas was the master blaster jet. and possibly the reverse molded shoulder jets. although they looked way too powerful for my family. not to mention the diverter valves were horribly stiff, there was a guy VAPING in the corner, and the spa paneling was too short for the spa. :P

Also, forgot to mention, but me and My mother have whats called "Goose Skin" I believe. will micro silk help?

Sounds about right.  The whole thing is a joke.  It's now called 888spasale  but the website is still spapoolandbbqshow.com.  Never been a bbq or pool there ever.  Company is sooooo shady.  I don't get it.  You can be still be a successful business person without lying and scamming people.  Why be a scumbag? 

Marco P

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 01:27:58 pm »
yeah. I might be able to make it today, after getting shoes at nordstrom. are you open?

MarKee

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 01:14:42 pm »
yeah. I might be able to make it today, after getting shoes at nordstrom. are you open?

Sorry, just saw your message.  We are open 7 days a week, come on in anytime.  See you soon.

Marco P

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 12:54:50 am »
we have decided we are going to look at it tomorrow. hopefully it works, as I have had to cancel coming as things keep popping up. we have a spot in the yard picked out, what things should we do in preparation for a spa?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 05:59:04 am »
we have decided we are going to look at it tomorrow. hopefully it works, as I have had to cancel coming as things keep popping up. we have a spot in the yard picked out, what things should we do in preparation for a spa?

Test your source water so you don't get a bunch of unneeded water balancing products.
Retired

Marco P

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 02:22:36 pm »
ok. what should i look for that would be bad?
how should I test the water?

bradleyabell

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 11:49:05 am »

Take a sample of it into a local dealer...They should be able to run some good tests on it for you.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 05:08:04 pm »

A lot of dealers include some products with the sale. For instance they will give you a product that raises PH and Alk. But your water needs products that lower PH and Alk. So you sit on a product you will never use.
Retired

Marco P

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 05:32:30 pm »
how much should i take?

bradleyabell

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 07:40:23 am »
how much should i take?

Not much...At least a few OZ.

Marco P

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 01:35:50 pm »
ok. I assume i should get the water from where we plan to fill the tub from?

how long will a 449 gallon V94L take to fill?
and should we put a concrete slab there?

MarKee

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 07:45:40 pm »
Hi Marco, the fill time will depend on your water pressure.  Typically it will take about 45 minutes to fill a V94L.  We always recommend a concrete slab or a sturdy wood platform/deck to place the hot tub on.  Most people use a garden hose from a nearby faucet to fill the hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 07:45:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42