What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Retrofit resurrection hot springs tub  (Read 3688 times)

Dougstermd

Retrofit resurrection hot springs tub
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:28:37 pm »
Hot tub born around 2000. Definitely needs  heater thinking heater / new controls it has the low flow heater pump. Apears it could accept a flow through heater?  Has pump. Blower and ozonater, and low flow pump. Best retrofit kit?

Hot Tub Forum

Retrofit resurrection hot springs tub
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:28:37 pm »

d00nut

Re: Retrofit resurrection hot springs tub
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:14:15 pm »
Umm...  So it needs everything?  That sucks!

If it's a 2000, you can still get everything you would ever need.  You wouldn't want a flowthru heater, get the OEM heater.

Hot Springs never used blowers, so I am not sure what you are talking about there. 

Dougstermd

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:12:35 pm »
It looks an awful lot like a blower to me. I don’t think I need to replace any of the pumps I plan to hook it up with a heater bypass hose to test the pumps. Then order a new heater. I was just curious about the retrofit controllers heater packs.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »
Look inside the equipment area for the alpha-numeric serial number. Post it here and someone can probably tell you specifically what you have if its a common spa maker.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dougstermd

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 08:28:18 pm »
It looks an awful lot like a blower to me. I don’t think I need to replace any of the pumps I plan to hook it up with a heater bypass hose to test the pumps. Then order a new heater. I was just curious about the retrofit controllers heater packs.

You are correct sir I saw the corrugated hose from the second pump and made an assumption. My bad. Again thanks for your input.

Dougstermd

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:33 pm »
Watkins model G
Serial G2B1053

Wife is ragging me because her friend sold the 110volt plug and play tub for $800.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »
2000 Hot Spring Grandee

Dougstermd

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 09:22:23 pm »
I believe this will be a way hot tub when I’m finished with it for about $1k but all she sees is a tub that ain’t positioned. I think I can resurrect this thing and make it my oasis. Heater new cover with assisted lift. Once I assure all pumps are working I’m going to order a heater and make this tub submissive

Dougstermd

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:59 am »
Ok good news I have the power hooked up. I could hear some sounds coming from the unit. Bad news buttons on the topside control panel are a little crusty feeling. The led window is a little hazy... planning to order the heater on Friday. Looking for recommendations on distributors/ parts places please advise? As much as I would like to use a local shop I know they are just going to order on line and pass the mark up on to me.

HotTubNovice

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:49:46 am »
Welcome to my world (But in this case I am the wife who brought home a "Free" hot tub. Note: there are no free hot tubs ;)

We are currently resurrecting a 2000 Palermo. Good times. We are quite familiar with the parts supplier and husband is super handy so that helps lots. Like you we may end up with some $$$ in it but at this point we are COMMITTED and feel like it will be worth it. Probably. Eventually.

Otherwise, are hot tubs flammable? Asking for a friend ... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:49:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42