What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian pricing question  (Read 3468 times)

boston_tubby

Artesian pricing question
« on: September 05, 2004, 04:07:50 pm »
The closest Artesian dealer to my town (Boston) tells me that Artesian is about to add some sort of fuel surcharge to their prices, and I should place my order first thing Tuesday morning or prices will go up.  Does anyone know if this is actually true, or is this dealer just trying to force a quick sale?

The dealer is also pricing the platinum class Dove Canyon spa at about $9900 before tax (with cover, steps, and chemicals) and refusing to budge.  That seems like about $1K higher than I'd expect after reading other Artesian posts on this board.  Can anybody recommend a decent Artesian dealer around Boston (or tell me if the price is actually legit)?  I want to soak, not get soaked.   :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian pricing question
« on: September 05, 2004, 04:07:50 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Artesian pricing question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 05:09:44 pm »
I have a phone call into a friend that sells Artesian and will get back to by tomorrow.

The fuel surcharge sounds like a gimmick to get you to buy now.  Dealers pay for freight charges to get spas to their specific locations not the spa manufacturer.

Rocket

boston_tubby

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 06:01:10 pm »
Thanks so much!

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 06:49:45 pm »
I am ALWAYS skeptical of "You've got to BUY today or else."  I always opt for OR ELSE ::)

boston_tubby

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 06:59:41 pm »
Yeah, the thing is, the dealer in question has gotten good reviews on this board before.  And the tub is just, well, for lack of a better adjective . . . yummy.  I'm wondering if it's just the particular sales person I'm dealing with.  

I suspect this may be the dealer that quoted a non-movable price to Big_Ed and then dropped by $1200.  But I'm wondering whether I'll get a different price if I call the dealer's showroom in New Hampshire than what the guy in Massachusetts wants me to pay.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 07:30:38 pm »
In the mid-west, that spa sells for $8400-$8800.  My friend said that it can get over $9000 if you add the fiber optics and stereo options.

Just know that prices will vary based upon area, overhead,etc.

They do use independent truckers like all spa manufacturer's.

boston_tubby

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 07:37:25 pm »
Thanks.

This guy's asking for $9900 base, and another $600 for optics.  (On my #2 choice, the Hotspring Envoy, optics are only $200, so $600 sounds fishy to me, too.)

Guess I'll have to find another dealer.  :'(
Or get a Hotspring Envoy.

Don't suppose your friend could ship to Boston? ;-)

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 09:47:36 pm »
My guess is the Envoy isn't close to $9900 either. If you want the Artesian make an offer, if the dealer declines then buy something else.

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 01:44:10 am »
I have NO idea of the quality of the Artesian.

The one thing I CAN tell you is that our local Artesian dealer is wacky

Coincindence :o

Gerrym

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 10:20:36 am »
Envoy is a fantastic product !!

User, not a supplier by the way...

boston_tubby

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 11:41:55 am »
Yeah, the Envoy was really nice, and when it's just me in the tub, I think it's a pretty good substitute for the Artesian.  My local dealer priced it at $8280 including lighting, chemicals & cover lifter, which seems plausible.  I do worry a little bit about lifespan after the 5-year warranty wears out, though.  And you can't run both the lounge and the recliner at full strength at the same time, so if there's more than one person in the tub, you have to fiddle with the controls a bit to get all the seats happy.  But that's probably a livable scenario.

The Artesian's a bit nicer looking on the outside, and you can run each seat at anywhere from no power to full power without affecting the other seats at all, which will make it better for having friends over.  It also has a cooldown seat that makes for a good safe step into the tub - a bit safer feeling than the Envoy, especially if you're going in a little, ahem, tipsy.    ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 11:41:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42