What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone use this?  (Read 3183 times)

silversun

Anyone use this?
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:52:26 am »
So i stumbled on this smart monitor for pH, Alk, Chlorine, and temperature monitoring.
https://mysutro.com/

I'd love to think this was actually reliable. does anyone use this or something like it? I cant find any reviews for it, and cannot even tell if it's in market yet (i've read conflicting information).

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone use this?
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:52:26 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Anyone use this?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 12:46:58 pm »
Interesting website, I'll look closer later. I use a hand held device from Aqua Check that I like.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:28:38 pm »
Looks very similar to PHIN which just got bought by Hayward Pool products. Check that one out it almost seems that they took their d website and copied it word for word

silversun

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 11:55:20 am »
Welp, i got my answer about when it will be available. Just got this response in email:

"we're in the midst of working with our initial backers and preorders. We'll be launching commercially in 2019."

So, maybe don't ask consumers to fork over $400 now without also providing this crucial bit of information!!  I really like the idea of this product but come on man.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 12:56:53 pm »
Looks very similar to PHIN which just got bought by Hayward Pool products. Check that one out it almost seems that they took their d website and copied it word for word

I had the guys in here pitching that last month.  For the yearly monitoring price, I don't know how many will go for it.  And honestly I don't have time nor the need to track what customers water conditions are. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:59:59 pm »

I had the guys in here pitching that last month.  For the yearly monitoring price, I don't know how many will go for it.  And honestly I don't have time nor the need to track what customers water conditions are.

I have a couple customers who use it. Both newer tubs less then a year old both needed new pumps due to tons of corrosion. It was having him put in so much chlorine that his levels were off the charts high

silversun

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 03:46:22 pm »
yeah I agree about the PHin. it looks like they dumbed it down too much. They don't even show you an actual reading, only give you alerts on your phone when you need to add more chems. Completely useless. it's sad that people blindly follow this advice.

They are also allowing you to connect it to their service which automatically delivers their chosen chemicals. Sounds like they are trying to make ownership completely hands off, but tripped over the execution.

It looks like the Sunto will improve on this.... someday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 03:46:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42