What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: d1 wet test  (Read 3642 times)

iggman

d1 wet test
« on: September 04, 2004, 09:36:16 pm »
     We wet tested the dimension one chairman today.  We are looking at the serena bay, but this is what they had in the store.  We really liked the quality and reputation of the d1 before ever wet testing.  The test went okay, I like the individually controlled jets and it had a good amount of power.  However, my wife is 5'3" and felt the water too deep.  She had to push herself up out of the corner seats to be comfortable.  Did not really enjoy a lounger, could'nt reach the foot area and had problems with floating.  Quality and dealer seem good,  depth and lounger questionable.  Has anyone used the seat boosters?  
    Sundance  is our next wet test, have read a few posts regarding  leaking.  Does anyone have any information about that?

Hot Tub Forum

d1 wet test
« on: September 04, 2004, 09:36:16 pm »

Maverick

Re: d1 wet test
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 12:33:10 am »
You may like the Sundance Altamar. It is the only Sundance design I like (the jet arrangement is good), but I am too tall for this spa, and I did not like the Cameo or Optima (too many low/non-therapy seats). Good luck with your search.

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 01:31:49 am »
I really liked the cameo but my impression was that were not enough mid-range seats--- that's why I want to test the optima

Did it have more mid-range (height) seats?

My "turf-toe" is almost healed so I may test the D1 and Caldera this week-end

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 08:53:46 am »
iggman

The Sundance leaking issue had to do with 1995/6 spas.  The factory used a new glue to comply with environmental regulations and the glue failed.  Most of these spas developed the problem relatively quick.  You should have no such concerns with a new SD.

bethshar

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 11:44:29 am »
I have an Optima.  I am 5'5" and fit fine in all seats.  Each seat is at a slightly different level.  My husband is 5'10" and fits into the tub just fine.  We are really enjoying the foot jets, adjustability, etc, etc.  No problems at all.  Dealer has been great.

We actually didn't look closely at D1 because the local dealer has a bad reputation for service.

Good luck -

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:54:07 am »
Sounds like the dealer didn't fit you to the right spa. You should try the Diplomat or the Aurora II, the Aurora is a bit smaller but just a compfortable with a much more versitale lounge. The Diplomat is incredible with his and hers lounges. I was never a lounge person until I tried that model and found that if the lounge was shaped right, it could be heaven!

taraka

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 02:26:25 pm »
I too thought the D1 was hard to stay seated.  I'm 5'6".  I loved the Sundance Cameo, but again floated.  Tried the Altamar.  It won out.  Ordered 1 week ago.  Getting the deck built, electrical run and waiting!! :o

iggman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 08:09:04 pm »
Thank you all for the responses,  tomorrow is labor day, don't know if the other dealers will be open but if they are, we are going to test them!!!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Talk to you soon---Iggus

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 08:09:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42