What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When you can't wet test...  (Read 2960 times)

jtd1216

When you can't wet test...
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:02:17 pm »
So, I'm in a jam. I decided on a dealer (Hot Spring) who is really great! I'm stuck between two tubs, the Hot Spot Rhythm ($6.4k) and the Limelight Flash ($8.8k). THE PROBLEM is, they only have a Limelight Pulse, which is very similar to the Flash available for wet testing, and will likely give me an accurate feeling for the Flash's soak.

So here's the problem... For the price of the Rhythm, I'm seriously considering it. HOWEVER, I can't wet test it or anything like it. I have a feeling I'm leaning that route, but I'd hate to buy it and not like it later.

I even asked the dealer to see if they'll be filling a Rhythm for wet test. they said possibly in the future, but most likely not. They were super helpful in answering my questions about the differences, but the wet test is the ultimate answer. I couldn't find another local dealer that sells it either.

What do I do????? Any recommendations!? Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

When you can't wet test...
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:02:17 pm »

castletonia

Re: When you can't wet test...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 08:16:08 pm »
Tell the dealer you would like to try the Rhythm.  Since you are a serious buyer, no reason they shouldn’t be able to accommodate.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 08:24:36 pm »
Find a Caldera dealer and wet test a Vanto. If you like that then the rhythm is almost identical. Only differences are Spa Frog on Vanto and Cabinets are different. You have a couple Caldera dealers fairly close to where you are located. One in Newport area and one in Warwick. See if either has one filled.

jtd1216

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 08:41:21 pm »
Castelonia, I did ask and they didn't offer it up.

Hottubguy thank you for that, that's an awesome idea! What's a spa frog?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:53:58 pm »

It’s a inline chemical dispenser for either @ease or bromine with minerals. Most tubs I sell I put on the @ease system.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »

As a dealer, I have never turned down a serious shopper for wet testing.  Good advice by Hottubguy. 

39lasalle

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 01:02:44 pm »
We went and wet tested a Hot Springs Flair at a nearby dealer but was not able to buy from them because they were not in our area .   They had a better price as well.  We wound up with the BullFrog A7L.

jtd1216

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 01:45:34 pm »
39, why did you like the Bullfrog over the Flair?

39lasalle

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:50 am »
It wasnt that we did not like the Flair... there was over a thousand dollar difference from our "servicing" dealer and the the dealer where we wet tested!  When we wet tested the R7L and started talking price, we left with the A series for $9200 out the door. If I remember correctly(October 2016) this was more than a thousand cheaper than what we could get the Flair for.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:11:46 am by 39lasalle »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42