What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying used hot tub. Hot Springs Relay  (Read 1790 times)

taylormade43

buying used hot tub. Hot Springs Relay
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:12:22 pm »
found a used 2015 Hot Springs Relay to for sale.
They are asking $3500 witch includes cover and lifter so 1st question is what your thoughts were on price. No idea how these hold their value.
they have pics of it and say it is in excellent condition.
Im trying to confirm that I can see it running before I possibly buy it but waiting for them to respond to see if it is still hooked up.

Hot Tub Forum

buying used hot tub. Hot Springs Relay
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:12:22 pm »

castletonia

Re: buying used hot tub. Hot Springs Relay
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:58:43 pm »
Unless you can see it filled and running, in my opinion it is worth nothing.  Hot tubs don’t hold value at all, especially the newer it is.  If filled and running and in excellent condition, I would say $3500 is the max it’s worth, I would personally want to be closer to $3k.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:23:30 pm »
Unless you can see it filled and running, in my opinion it is worth nothing.  Hot tubs don’t hold value at all, especially the newer it is.  If filled and running and in excellent condition, I would say $3500 is the max it’s worth, I would personally want to be closer to $3k.

You need to see it fully operational with the water HOT (like 100º, not warm like 80º).

If its running well and everything else looks good I'd offer $2750 explaining that gives you room to get the new cover that is probably a year or 2 away (assuming it still looks reasonably good) and a new filter since you can certainly state that you'd prefer it for sanitary reasons (no offense to them, I wouldn't care who owned it before me, I'm getting a new filter).

Then I might entertain an offer in between.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:23:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42