What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Researching for first tub  (Read 4184 times)

aal619

Researching for first tub
« on: September 04, 2004, 04:17:48 pm »
 Hi folks,
I just found this site & would like your help. My wife & I are looking  for our first hot tub. I'm recently retired, have osteo arthritis. My wife will retire in the next 2 yrs. We want to get the most & best we can afford in our budget, as I don't plan to replace it anytime soon. I like the info/discussions I've found here, but as a newbie, some of the "facts" are confusing. We live in deep So. IL, (not just So. of Chicago), about 40 miles N of KY. Dealors are very limited here. I've looked at Islander Spas, Cal Spas, Vita Spas, Diamante, & Dimension One @ home hot tubs.
I was most impressed w/Cal Spas. We like the Journey J-504. It has 2 GE 5 hp pumps, a 24 hr filtration pump, 150' of filtration, lifetime guarantee heater, lifetime guarantee CD ozonator, full foam insulation. It seems like alot for the money, & a good warranty. I know there are bad reviews for them here, but what are your opinions of this tub? Where does the Journey series fall in the Cal Spas line? We don't want/need/afford a TV, CD, fiber optics. What do you suggest as another comparable tub? Any advice & suggestions?
Thanks very much for any help,
aal619

Hot Tub Forum

Researching for first tub
« on: September 04, 2004, 04:17:48 pm »

keesterdog

Re: Researching for first tub
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 04:22:46 pm »
most anybody here will tell you to wet test . what feels good to one person may not to another.  tubs can be very peculiar in that area.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 05:05:17 pm »
A lifetime guarantee is meaningless when the company won't stand behind it.  I've heard a lot of complaints about Cal Spa not honoring their warranties.

I know someone at work who has a Cal Spa, and she hasn't had any problems with their spa.

Brewman
Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 06:06:44 pm »
Brewman that is interesting I know someone who worked for cal spas for 13 years and would not own one today... ;)....I would recommend reading the fine print of that warranty....and remember "lifetime is defined differently from state to state......example 7 years is considered life time for calif.....but if you like the cal spa and feel it is best, than it just might be for you....the very best in your search.......

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 05:28:25 pm »
I would encourage you to look more closely at the D-1 with the numerous brands that you referred to.  Also, there is a Hot Spring dealer in N. Kentucky (can't remember the name of the town) check the Hot Spring dealer locator.

Look closely at the Cal Spa warranty.  Exclussions are numerous.  One area states, in the exclussions, that they willnot cover a failure if it was due to either a known or unknown problem.  This is the out of outs.
Also, go to lifetime.com and get educated on lifetime warranties.

Good Luck :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 05:28:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42