What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: About to buy - reassurance  (Read 4048 times)

sjones145

About to buy - reassurance
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:57:44 am »
Ok..  about to pull the trigger and purchase the Artesian Antigua Elite hot tub today..  I feel good about the price and what's included.  My only hesitation is rather or not we will use it on a regular basis.

We're in Houston and about to hit our hot summer months (which will probably save on the heating costs - just need to leave the cover off).  We use our pool often all summer but it's not heated for the winter.  Since our winters are mild, the hot tub would be nice to sit in during the evening.

I just turned 50 so considering this a birthday present..  My husband will be 50 soon as well and loves hot showers.

So -- those who have purchased, do you use & enjoy your tub often (probably stating the obvious)

Hot Tub Forum

About to buy - reassurance
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:57:44 am »

Thisismyname

Re: About to buy - reassurance
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:30:28 am »
Unclear about what you mean by just need to leave the cover off? 

I keep my tub about 102 -103 degrees.  Unless you want the water to stay at outside temp or have the heater running 100% of the time you need to keep the cover on.

But anyway I'm in Michigan and go in mine when it's 2 degrees and snowing or when its 70 and sunny.  Not much use when it's 90 out though.

Djncmt

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »
Can’t you just st turn the heater off in the summer and enjoy the hydrotherapy?

sjones145

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:36:40 pm »
actually, that's what I meant..  in the summer, we can go without heater.
our pool is nearly bath water temp so the spa would be nice for the hydrotherapy

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 07:26:06 pm »
Leaving the cover off for extended periods is not advisable as it will create long-term damage to the shell. 

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 07:55:12 am »

I keep my tub about 102 -103 degrees.  Unless you want the water to stay at outside temp or have the heater running 100% of the time you need to keep the cover on.

But anyway I'm in Michigan and go in mine when it's 2 degrees and snowing or when its 70 and sunny.  Not much use when it's 90 out though.

I live in MI as well...Do you keep your tub at 102ish in the Summer?  This will be my first Summer with a hot tub, and was debating on lowering it to the mid 80s for a nice summer night dip.

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 10:21:55 am »
Our tub has a summer setting. Heater stays off during the day and heats up in the evening. 100 or 101 is nice on a nice summer night.

The temp of the water is controlled by the part of you that is not in the water. When it is –10 here and the water is 104-105 it is not that hot as part of you is sticking out in the –10 air sucking the heat out of your body. Same way when it is very hot outside and you feel faint if you stick your wrists in a bucket of ice water your whole body will be cooled very fast. 

For the OP we love ours on a warm summer night or to cool off in during the day with the jets and air bubbles with the heat down.

Thisismyname

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:02 pm »

I live in MI as well...Do you keep your tub at 102ish in the Summer?  This will be my first Summer with a hot tub, and was debating on lowering it to the mid 80s for a nice summer night dip.

I don't really turn it down for the summer.  Most of my time in the tub is at night so it's typically cooler by then.

sjones145

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 01:00:02 pm »
Thanks everyone
put the deposit down, yesterday, on the Antigua Elite..  will arrive in 4 weeks -- excited now, I know we'll enjoy it.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 06:43:09 pm »
Thanks everyone
put the deposit down, yesterday, on the Antigua Elite..  will arrive in 4 weeks -- excited now, I know we'll enjoy it.

Congrats.  That's an awesome spa.  Please report back after you use it for awhile.

fraff2

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 11:37:39 am »
Congrats !  I just put money down on a Tahiti Elite yesterday myself.  They have it in the warehouse and I got what I think is a good fair deal. Should have it installed in 2 weeks. Maybe we can keep in touch and compare experiences. I am a newbie on this forum and with hot tubs !  Any thoughts on Bromine or Dichlor, my salesmen convinced me to go dichlor even though I was leaning towards bromine.  Good Luck !

flamingoezz

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 02:16:17 pm »
Considering an Antigua Elite also. How do you like yours?  Any photos?

Thanks everyone

bradleyabell

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 07:24:05 am »
Congrats !  I just put money down on a Tahiti Elite yesterday myself.  They have it in the warehouse and I got what I think is a good fair deal. Should have it installed in 2 weeks. Maybe we can keep in touch and compare experiences. I am a newbie on this forum and with hot tubs !  Any thoughts on Bromine or Dichlor, my salesmen convinced me to go dichlor even though I was leaning towards bromine.  Good Luck !

I love the bromine method.  I still use dichlor to shock.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 07:24:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42