What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foundation  (Read 2573 times)

SIRAULY

Foundation
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:40:45 am »
When I do make a decision on which spa to purchase I was planning on putting it on the ground next to my deck...would rather not put it on my deck due spacing issues.  Several of the spa dealers that I went to said this would not be a problem that I could just use some 2x4's  and outline the shell size and fill in with gravel or small stone to make it level and put it on top of that.  I read another thread somewhere where the spa dealer told them to use 4 6x6's and then lay 2 sheets of 4x8 plywood on top of that and use this as there foundation.  Does this sound okay, or must I use concrete or spa padding?
Thanks! :)

Hot Tub Forum

Foundation
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:40:45 am »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Re: Foundation
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 12:28:25 pm »
This somewhat depends on the size of the hot tub.  Very big hot tubs (for example, a Hot Springs Grandee) weight near (or over) 6000lbs when filled.  My Grandee had to rest on a reenforced deck or a concrete slab and nothing else, including those puzzle-piece spa pads.

Talk to each dealer about installation options for your tub. My guess is any spas except really really big ones will be OK with what you have suggested.

-Ed

SIRAULY

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 06:31:19 pm »
Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 06:31:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42