What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking 3 Similar to Nordic in Quality?  (Read 3716 times)

Ghvf

Viking 3 Similar to Nordic in Quality?
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
I've had spas for over 20 years, old Jacuzzi, Coleman, Vita and more. I'm firm on downsizing to a simple spa. Was considering Freeflow but a 1Hp pump plug/play with 20 jets is not what I'm used to in terms of hydrotherapy.

I love a round hot tub with a whirlpool jet. Viking has a round 3 spa. I realize that it not a high end spa, but at $2600 delivered it is hard to turn down. And they have been in business a long time, unlike Vita who went belly up not long after I bought at $7 grand years ago!

That being said, you don't hear too much about Viking on here, however, I'm hoping the spas are mid level on par with Nordic? Thoughts? (Please try to be positive, unless I'm.heading down a road to leaks, bugs and something that will not last for 5 years) Thx!

Hot Tub Forum

Viking 3 Similar to Nordic in Quality?
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Viking 3 Similar to Nordic in Quality?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:07:14 am »
I've had spas for over 20 years, old Jacuzzi, Coleman, Vita and more. I'm firm on downsizing to a simple spa. Was considering Freeflow but a 1Hp pump plug/play with 20 jets is not what I'm used to in terms of hydrotherapy.

I love a round hot tub with a whirlpool jet. Viking has a round 3 spa. I realize that it not a high end spa, but at $2600 delivered it is hard to turn down. And they have been in business a long time, unlike Vita who went belly up not long after I bought at $7 grand years ago!

That being said, you don't hear too much about Viking on here, however, I'm hoping the spas are mid level on par with Nordic? Thoughts? (Please try to be positive, unless I'm.heading down a road to leaks, bugs and something that will not last for 5 years) Thx!

Viking and Nordic are very comparable. Easily a 5 year tub. Replace a few parts and easily a 10 year tub.
Retired

Ghvf

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 09:53:59 am »
Awesome, thanks... I like to get as much bang for the buck as possible.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 01:40:07 pm »
I like them both for no frill options. Both value brands and more middle of the road but for a lot of people middle of the road is fine. If you can test a few different models that would be even better. If the dealer is solid another positive.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 01:40:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42