What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Display Temperature Gets "Stuck" on Caldera Vanto  (Read 2038 times)

gmdodt

Display Temperature Gets "Stuck" on Caldera Vanto
« on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:02 am »
Hey All -

I've been having GFCI tripping problems (can't figure it out) and it seems like every time I turn the tub back on, it starts, runs, and heats well, but the display temp will get "stuck."  Meaning - the hot tub is set at 98 and it heats up all the way near there,  I'll check it the next day and the current display temp will say like 95.  Then Ill push the temp buttons up and down and it will refresh the display temp and itll be closer to 98, say 96/7.  Then itll run an finally get to set temp or one degree below and stay there.  Happens every time.  Whats the deal with that and can this be a possible cause for my gfci randomly tripping when not being used?  Is this related to a thermostat or thermistor of some sort?

Hot Tub Forum

Display Temperature Gets "Stuck" on Caldera Vanto
« on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:02 am »

gmdodt

Re: Display Temperature Gets "Stuck" on Caldera Vanto
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:43:59 am »
In further investigating why my GFCI is tripping, I did notice these markings around the high limit thermistor so I unscrew the nut to get a better view of it (I put it back together).  Is this normal?  I will say, the high limit has never tripped, so I guess it is working fine?

I dont see any other similar markings anywhere else..

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:20:36 pm by gmdodt »

gmdodt

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:10:58 pm »
bump

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 05:06:36 pm »
How old is the tub?  Under warranty?  It looks pretty clean in there!  It could be a weak GFCI as well.  Tripping it off would indicate a ground fault or a weak breaker. 

gmdodt

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 06:24:41 pm »
It's a 2016 model I bought from a home owner at the end of 2017. Warranty expired in March and technically didn't transfer though I fudged it and got the main pump replaced under warranty. I've already replaced the breaker once and the wiring too. Both breakers were brand new when installed.

Something is causing a nuisance trip and it's very aggravating. When it gets warmer I'm gonna disconnect the heater. Gotta be the heater, other pump (unlikely) or the main board.

It's 100% not a moisture problem in the breaker box or tub cabinet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 06:24:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42