What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New nordic tub purchase  (Read 3280 times)

Skinnydipper48

New nordic tub purchase
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:02 am »
Hello all. I am new to the spa world and am getting ready to make my first purchase. The dealer in my area sells nordic and after reading online i like what i see with that brand. Simple tubs that are built well. The model im looking at is the encore se with title 20 insulation. The price i am quoted is 5500 out the door. This includes tax, cover, delivery, startup chem. No steps or cover lift. Any advice if this is a good price? Also any general info on the nordic brand would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

New nordic tub purchase
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:02 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New nordic tub purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
They are a well built simple tub. Customer service at the factory is excellent. Good price. Depending on your sales tax rate it’s in the ballpark of what I sell them for. I sell them for 5999 with step and lift. What state are you in?

Skinnydipper48

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 07:13:04 am »
Ohio. I was able to get dealer to throw in cover lift. So only thing im missing is steps. Cant imagine those are too expensive.

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:17:08 am »
Have you wet tested a Nordic tub?  While they are in fact well built and a good tub, we got in one and felt that they were rough and not as comfortable as some other brand tubs...This is due to the fact that they build the mold of the tub using a different material than most others use.  Not trying to steer you away from Nordic at all, just make sure you wet test before you commit to buying a tub costing you thousands of dollars.

Skinnydipper48

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 09:10:39 am »
No we have not wet tested any nordics. I would like to buy from a dealer here in town and they only offer pdc and nordic. And the pdc's are a decent amount more. Our budget only allows for around 5k mark and think after reading reviews the nordics are a good choice in that price point.

Skinnydipper48

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 10:51:33 am »
I am open to any feedback. Positive or negative on this purchase.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 03:03:19 pm »
Have you sat in it dry. I think Nordic builds a much better spa then PDC. We sell a fair amount of them maybe 50 or so a year. They definitely don’t have the smooth feel like acrylic does but to most it doesn’t matter. In the 5K range I don’t think you can find a better built tub

Skinnydipper48

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 05:22:42 pm »
I have sat in a few models dry. The plastic didnt seem to be rough to me. It isnt as smooth as the acrylic but dont see it being an issue. Was between the retreat and the encore but for the price difference thought it was worth going to the bigger encore. Alot better seating arrangement i thought. Sitting 4 in the retreat would be very very cozy where as sitting 4 or 5 in the encore seemed alot more reasonable.

Skinnydipper48

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 10:27:54 am »
I purchased the encore se about 2 days ago. Black shell and teakwood cabinet. Delivery, tax, cover, cover lift, and startup chem for 5500. They had to order it so should be here in 3 weeks i was told. I was really into the fact that the components were quality. Name brand heater, pump, jets, clamped and glued joints. Good warranty on parts and shell also. Im sure there are more comfortable tubs out there but i didnt really think the price difference was gonna be worth it for me. It was like saying there are cars faster than a corvette so you should buy those instead. Insinuating that a corvette wasnt very fast? Idk in my opinion ill get pretty nice relaxation and therapy out of the nordic for a price i can sleep with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 10:27:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42