What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When do new tubs come out?  (Read 4071 times)

soon2float

When do new tubs come out?
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:13:55 am »
Time has delayed our purchasing a new tub to now. I am just wondering when new models usually come out. End of year or beginning of the next summer. Also do you usually get your best deal at end of season or before summer?

Thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

When do new tubs come out?
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:13:55 am »

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Re: When do new tubs come out?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 12:37:07 am »
Depends on the manufacturer. Some start distribution in the fall like automakers, others in the spring.

zacman

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 01:11:08 am »
Are there really that many changes from year to year ? If so, what kind of changes

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 08:04:57 am »
Depends on the mfg.  I think Sundance, for example, is supposed to be coming out with a quieter diverter valve, but I also think they were supposed to have it out by now.  
The only difference I saw between our 2003 and the 2004's was the display light was a green tint vs our regular white color, and a new type of jet.  
Wonder if they keep their new features a secret until the tubs get introduced each year?  Announcing a great new innovation too soon may cause people to put off a purchase now to wait for the new ones.  Just a thought.
Brewman
Brewman

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 11:29:31 am »
Time has delayed our purchasing a new tub to now. I am just wondering when new models usually come out. End of year or beginning of the next summer. Also do you usually get your best deal at end of season or before summer?

Thanks for your help!

I would think that you might get a better deal on older showroom floor units when the new year models come out. I don't know how that works. Probably have to let the store owner know in advance that you might be interested. Good luck!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 11:52:34 am »
HotSpring starts to ship the new models in Jaunary each year. Some changes take longer to implement, and may delay the new models till February.

They made a lot of changes this past year, so I don't expect a lot of changes this year - however, I wasn't expecting as many changes as we had last year either!!

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 11:52:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42