What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test  (Read 2182 times)

taylormade43

Wet test
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »
Just had a question for dealers out there and people with experiences of doing wet tests on hot tubs.
 Do stores normally leave you alone
My girlfriend isn't comfortable

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:10:03 pm by taylormade43 »

Hot Tub Forum

Wet test
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Wet test
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:17:19 pm »
I’m a dealer. When people do wet tests I give them a quick overview of the controllers and divertors and then leave them alone until they are done or ask a question from in the tub. Most people are more comfortable being left alone but we have that occasional customer who wants me to stand there and give him all the info on the tub he is in. If it was me I’d want to be left alone so that’s why I try to give my customers there own space when wet testing

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:24:43 pm »
We tested about 7 different places and had all sorts of sales people.

Some just pointed us in the direction of the tubs and said let me know when you're done and others stood there and gave us an uncomfortable overview of every feature while we were in the tub and didn't leave us alone for 1 second.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 10:47:13 pm »
Ditto what Hottubguy said.  I give an initial overview of how everything works and if there are no further questions, I leave my customers alone.  If they are in the tub for a long time, I will check in otherwise wait until they are out. 

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 08:31:07 am »
I understand the uncomfortable factor, but I also understand you might be living with a tub for 20 years after the sale. Most tubs take a lot more understanding than you will get in a few minutes of explanation. We have had ours 3 years and just the other day I was surprised there was an air admittance valve I wasn’t using.

You want to first get a feel for how the tub fits you but you also want to know how each seat works with shared pressure and full pressure with and without air. I would really study the workings of the tub first on line and then if she is uncomfortable you get in first for the initial run thru of the features and then have her get in so you can explain them to her.

There is a big difference actually if you are buying a social tub or a real therapeutic tub. With a social tub there isn’t as much to learn and try out IMO.

The dealer we bought ours from has both male and female staff also. I’m sure you could ask for a female to show you the tub if that was easier.   

Djncmt

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 08:12:17 pm »
Which tubs would you consider the best for therapeutic purposes? I’m looking for one with power from Jets. at least one with options for more powerful Jets

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 08:17:21 pm »
Everybody is different. I think Marquis has some real strong jets. Seems like Bullfrog and Artesian do as well. Others like how Caldera and Hot Spring feel. Look at those brands and add Sundance and Dimension one to the list. I’ve never sat in a dimension one before but I know T-Man on this forum swears by them and he has owned quite a few different tubs. The most powerful tub I have personally been in is the Marquis Show

Djncmt

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 10:45:05 pm »
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. I guess I have some more shopping to do!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 10:45:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42