What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa ordered- informed decison thanks to you all  (Read 3127 times)

zacman

Spa ordered- informed decison thanks to you all
« on: September 01, 2004, 11:42:05 pm »
Ordered our SD Optima.  To include cover and prolift, CD ozonator, chem package, steps, sun glow light system, drink tray, sun purity, steps, aroma therapy fragrances, and misc.  Also included a presite visit, and includes delivery and set up with some special help cutting into bottom to run wire work where it is now stubbed out.   Need to get my own sub GFI sub panel.  While there are a lot of very good spas out there, we are very comfortable with our choice after considering all of the advice here and wet testing.  Also, liked this dealer the best -  .  While we paid more than some have paid based on posts, and while I am rather certain I could have likely gotten a couple of hundred more off the price, I decided that over the life of the spa that that sum was inconsequential where I was very happy with the dealer/salesman, and he had very valuable advice throughout re all of our questions, and even when we didn't ask the right questions.  delivery in about 2- 3 weeks.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa ordered- informed decison thanks to you all
« on: September 01, 2004, 11:42:05 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Spa ordered- informed decison thanks to you al
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 12:21:50 am »
Way to go, zac.  Great tub!  Enjoy!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 12:23:48 am »
Congrats! What color did you order,did you get the spa with the stereo or without?
We have the the optima sitting on the deck all wired but apparently we need to have our electric service upgraded before we can use it, hope to have it done before the weekend.

zacman

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:34:11 am »
We got it without the stereo - we have speakers outside near the spa already - hooked up to a multiple cd - cd player and receiver inside a pool house.  Color - sahara with coastal grey cabinet - not an intuitive choice - we had thought we wanted platinum with coastal.  Salesman thought we would like the sahara better because of texture and demonstrated difference with water spotting - also said the platinum could show scratches a bit more.  He also said the sahara was a good color to go with the sun glow lighting system as reflected the different colors really well- better than the onyx which would otherwise seem to be a better choice with a grey cabinet.  He also pointed out that when you are in the spa you don't see the cabinet, and when you are not in it and the cover is on, you don't see the shell so a perfectly color coordinated shell and cabinet are not absolutely essential.  Of course, we could have whatever color we wanted, but we went with his advice.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 02:18:50 am »
Right ON Zacman!!! Isn't it great feeling like you know what you're doing? These forums have been a boon to many of us here. Really helps with the confidence. Congrats o' plenty!

bethshar

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 09:39:47 am »
Congrats!  We LOVE our Optima.  We are going away in a couple of weeks and I don't think I want to leave my hot tub.

Oh well - hope delivery is soon and all goes smoothly.

Oh yeah - ask your dealer about how to change around some of the jets.  He changed one seat so it oscilates up and down instead of back and forth -- just for variety.  We also switched around the jets on the four jet seat so the harder straight jets are on the bottom, oscilators on top.---just an idea to share.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 09:39:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42