What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Insulated Spa Bag - Wellis preferably  (Read 2374 times)

hmeleg

Insulated Spa Bag - Wellis preferably
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:33:12 am »
Hi,

Has anybody purchased one of these Wellis spa bags (or similar), that is specifically the insulated version ?.

I want to know how thick these bags are and ideally if anybody has direct experience of how well these work to minimise heat loss. Or failing that can anybody recommend a particular brand that they know has a decent amount of insulation in the side skirts.

Dealers don't seem to have a  clue, are willing to order me one but can't say in advance what these are like before I shell out some serous dosh in advance.

Thanks in advance,

Henry.

Hot Tub Forum

Insulated Spa Bag - Wellis preferably
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:33:12 am »

bud16415

Re: Insulated Spa Bag - Wellis preferably
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 03:37:10 pm »
My tub is a Caldera Geneva and it has a dense pack insulation called Fibercor. It isn’t sprayed in and can be pulled out and put in a trash bag to make repairs and then stuffed back in. It has an excellent insulation rating. Full spray foam also works very well. In general all the major quality brands are well insulated.

hmeleg

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 04:07:44 am »
Appreciate your answer but this is specifically a question about spa bags (preferably the Wellis Insulated one) to go over the whole jacuzzi. I could always add interior insulation as well but that will have to wait until the tub is out of the guarantee period.

Thanks,

Henry.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:15 am »
I never saw these bags before but just looked them up. As far as covering the tub and keeping it clean I can see them working. As to saving much energy and reducing operating costs I personally don’t see them doing much.

For me it would make using the tub a lot more work getting that thing on and off all the time.

Sorry I don’t have any first hand experience with these.

What is the climate where you live? Brand of tub? Electric cost?   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »
If it saves you a few bucks a month will the trouble of taking it on and off be worth it? How many months to pay itself back? Will you use the tub less.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42