What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: GFCI Tripping Help  (Read 2463 times)

stang233

GFCI Tripping Help
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:29:52 pm »

I have an Artesian (South Seas Spa 746L) tub that was working great. We moved it and now it is tripping the GFCI. Balboa Board MVS504SZR1B

Tub is currently tripping the GFCI. The GFCI was checked and is good.

Disconnected tub and turned power on at GFCI and it did not trip. GFCI only trips with tub wired.

Checked for fault from all wires to each other and no fault.

Disconnected heater (OHM checks okay) and turned power on with heater disconnected and it would still trip GFCI

Disconnected ozonator  still trips.

Disconnected primary pump still trips

Disconnected secondary pump still trips.

I OHM checked the board and there is Zero ohms from Red to Neutral but 34 Ohms from Black to Neutral. Is the board faulty?

Hot Tub Forum

GFCI Tripping Help
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:29:52 pm »

castletonia

Re: GFCI Tripping Help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:50:54 am »
Disconnect heater and see if it still trips.  I have also seen electricians wire them wrong.  Neutral should go to the breaker, not ground bar.

Astropin

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:47:19 pm »
Yeah double check the neutral at the breaker. Mine was just wired wrong yesterday and that was the issue. Neutral from tub need to be connected directly to the breaker and the white "piggy" from the breaker is connected the the neutral bar in the box. Make sure all the grounds are connected correctly as well.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:14:07 pm »

I have an Artesian (South Seas Spa 746L) tub that was working great. We moved it and now it is tripping the GFCI. Balboa Board MVS504SZR1B

Tub is currently tripping the GFCI. The GFCI was checked and is good.

Disconnected tub and turned power on at GFCI and it did not trip. GFCI only trips with tub wired.

Checked for fault from all wires to each other and no fault.

Disconnected heater (OHM checks okay) and turned power on with heater disconnected and it would still trip GFCI

Disconnected ozonator  still trips.

Disconnected primary pump still trips

Disconnected secondary pump still trips.

I OHM checked the board and there is Zero ohms from Red to Neutral but 34 Ohms from Black to Neutral. Is the board faulty?

I would try a board. Sounds like you did everything else right. How long after you reset it does it trip?
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:01:16 pm »
Disconnect heater and see if it still trips.  I have also seen electricians wire them wrong.  Neutral should go to the breaker, not ground bar.

Exactly this....

I returned 3 breakers thinking it was that but turned out it was the neutral wire connected wrong.  Assuming its a 4 wire set up.

gmdodt

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:35:14 am »
I don't like when people don't follow up on whether they fixed the issue or not :x  Any remedy found?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:35:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42