What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Indications??????  (Read 4103 times)

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

Indications??????
« on: September 01, 2004, 12:32:37 am »
I have been to sveral spa stores AND...

most stores have at least 3 and some have as many of 5 tubs available to wet test.....

NOW...  the last store had only ONE to wet test..
is this an indication of something??????

There are several things that come to mind on the down side!!!  What do you all think???  (and it is one of the most popular tubs on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hot Tub Forum

Indications??????
« on: September 01, 2004, 12:32:37 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Indications??????
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 01:17:17 am »
It is just a reflection of the dealer, not the maker of the spa....who ever it might be....I would ask how many tubs did this dealer have dry....perhaps it was a space issue.....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 07:50:12 am »
Does this dealer only have one model of spa on display period, or do they have several on the floor, but only have one filled?  Some dealers just pump water from one spa to another to accomodate their customers.
Ask the dealer how you can test the models you are interested in.  
Brewman
Brewman

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 10:02:39 am »
The one Sundance dealer I was working with only had one tub filled for wet testing (and not the one I was interested in) and only had 2-3 others on the floor.  It was more an issue with not enough floor space than anything else (they shared a building with a company that sold patio furniture).  We just called up another dealer in another city and they had just ablout every model in alot of color combos on the floor and more filled for wet testing.  

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 11:01:29 am »
Did you indicate to the "other" store that you were only WT and would purchase local?????

BINGO it IS Sundance...  coincidence or reflection of manufacturer????

Also the showroom is huge and they have lots of tubs dry!!!

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:14:18 am »
It is not a reflection of the manufacturer or the dealer.  Honestly, at least 90% of customers do not wet-test (I would say it is higher).  Any dealer will tell you that.  So only having one spa running is a reflection to show you the various types of massages you can get with the Sundance spa.  Why have two spas running when one will show you the accu-sage therapy seat, and intelli-jet system?  It honestly feels the same on all the spas.

Did you ask them to try to wet-test one spa they had, but not filled?  Many dealers will have a “free-agent” electrical outlet to move a spa to wet-test.  Also, tell the dealer you are putting a deposit on it once you wet-test.  They will fill it up for $8,000 dollars.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: Indications?????
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:11:18 pm »
We went into 3 different retailers. One dealt exclusively in Caldera and Dimension 1. They had about 15 to 20 tubs on display. They had one D1 Serena Bay, Caldera Geneva Utopia and one of the lesser Calderas (forgot the name of the line.) available for wet test. This was the case in the dealership that sold HotSpring and Jacuzzi. They had approximately 5 out of 20 or so for testing. The Sundance place only had  2 filled (a Cameo and a Sweetwater of some sort) but it was a much smaller store. They didn't seem too interested in filling empty tubs, though we didn't exactly push at all. The Sundance place,however, offered to without even asking. So go figure.

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 12:50:56 pm »
Chris H.. it now makes sense....  the HS dealer who had FIVE tubs filled told me that less than 5% wettest...

I can't imagine purchasing without WTing..

Thanks to the advice from this board!

ps  testing on hold until my "turf-toe" heals :o

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 12:59:57 pm »
Most dealers that really work for your business will have a pump and extra electrical cable to fill any spa your interested. The smart way to do this is to help you narrow your models down to one or two you like and then set an appointment for a wet test. It shouldn't take more than 45 minuets to pump the water and move the electrical from spa to spa in the showroom.

Maverick

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 06:31:42 pm »
If you don't do a wet test, you could end up divorcing your spa. That could be verrrrrrrry costly.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 06:37:38 pm »
Read Stuarts reply, he is absolutely right.

ttodd1

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 10:27:23 pm »
Did you indicate to the "other" store that you were only WT and would purchase local?????

BINGO it IS Sundance...  coincidence or reflection of manufacturer????

Also the showroom is huge and they have lots of tubs dry!!!

Yes, I told the other store when I called to see what they had to wet test I only wanted to wet test (the Cameo and Optima) and the store (which was only a half hour closer to me than this one) closer to me only had the Marin for wet testing.  What Chris_H said may be true but the Marin is a shallower spa than the Cameo or Optima.  May have been good to feel/see the jets but not the size of the tub...   I also don't think it has to with reflection I too have heard only about 10% wet test.  If the other store had a better price I would have bought from him as it was I ended up buying from a third dealer that had exactly the model and color on his floor and the best price (for my area I guess).  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 10:32:13 pm »
Nice you have this many Sundance dealers that close to you.

Brewman
Brewman

ttodd1

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 10:35:32 pm »
Yes and No.  Burned up alot of miles to talk to each and see what they had and talk price.  But hey I got one and hopefully will be soaking this weekend.   ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
re: Indications??????
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 08:16:34 am »
Sweet!  That's really what it's all about.  You'll love your spa.  

I live in an area where Sundance is locked into a deal with a large furniture retailer.  It's nice in that they have a lot of convenient locations, but not so nice in that there are no other Sundance dealers anywhere near here. Makes comparison shopping a bit tougher when you can only check out one dealer.  But then again, we do have a huge selection of different brands.  There are spa stores up the wazoo around here, so at least it's easy to check between competing brands.

What did you end up getting?
Brewman

« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 08:17:38 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

re: Indications??????
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 08:16:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42